Did you know.... (Read 569 times)

That a mere 5 pound box of poly-fil (the cotton fluffy stuff used to fill pillows and stuffed animals) - is enough fluff to cover the ENTIRE bedroom floor of a 12 y/o? My daughter had a friend sleep over and she and her friend decided that they wanted to make her room look like a big fluffy cloud. SO...taking the brand new box of filler that my daughter uses for sewing projects, they covered every inch of the floor. Roll eyes When I walked in they were sitting in the middle of the "cloud" painting their nails. I slowly shut the door and walked away. It actually looked pretty cool - and I don't blame them for trying it. Of course, cleaning it up may not make it as worth it. That's all. Just wanted to share. Big grin

Michelle

Hey Pam, want another daughter? I'll send Teeny right over - with all five pounds of the fluff. Tongue

Michelle

Hey Pam, want another daughter? I'll send Teeny right over - with all five pounds of the fluff. Tongue
        OMG she would probably get Katie to settle down. SEND her over!!! Katie's been having meltdowns all week long. She could use a "big sister" right now!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Another Passion

My 12 year old (the one that just made the basketball team) is a gem! No, I'm serious. It's the 16 year old that is accelerating the growth of grey hairs on my head to light speed! Shocked Perhaps she would be a good mentor for BOTH your girls Pam and Michelle?!? Evil grin If you'd like, I could FedX her overnight to one of your households. She'll school your daughters in attitude. Big grin

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

My 12 year old (the one that just made the basketball team) is a gem! No, I'm serious. It's the 16 year old that is accelerating the growth of grey hairs on my head to light speed! Shocked Perhaps she would be a good mentor for BOTH your girls Pam and Michelle?!? Evil grin If you'd like, I could FedX her overnight to one of your households. She'll school your daughters in attitude. Big grin
            Um thanks but no thanks Rick Tongue I have enough of an attitude problem from my 6 year old. I can't imagine how bad it would be after she was hanging out with a 16 year old for awhile. You can send me the 12 year old though Big grin

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Attitudes are brutal. My daughter goes from angel to spawn-of-satan in 2 seconds flat. It's scary. And...did you know that 12 year olds know E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. Roll eyes No matter what it is that I tell her, her first response is "I know". My reponse to that sometimes is something like "well, did you know that you're bedtime tonight might be 6:00 if you keep up with your snotty attitude?"...she doesn't like that response. Big grin

Michelle

It's the 16 year old that is accelerating the growth of grey hairs on my head to light speed!
                I always thought that was a myth, now I think it's true. Children do add grey hair. My dad likes to comment on the increase of mine in the past two years.
                Perhaps she would be a good mentor for BOTH your girls Pam and Michelle?!? Evil grin If you'd like, I could FedX her overnight to one of your households. She'll school your daughters in attitude. Big grin
                No thanks. I can't imgane another one of those under this house. The boys would all pack up and leave.

Michelle

Another Passion

Um thanks but no thanks Rick Tongue I have enough of an attitude problem from my 6 year old. I can't imagine how bad it would be after she was hanging out with a 16 year old for awhile. You can send me the 12 year old though Big grin
                  NEVVAAAAA... she's mine.... ALLLLLL mine! This girl (the 12 year old - Lindsey) is soooo sweet, she got the neighbor across the street, a single mom to two kids and not well off whatsoever, Christmas gifts from her own hard-earned cash. The girl makes my heart swell. I have to add, I LOVE the 16 year old - Chelsea - with all my heart as well. I just don't always like her.

Rick

Another Passion

Attitudes are brutal. My daughter goes from angel to spawn-of-satan in 2 seconds flat. It's scary. And...did you know that 12 year olds know E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. Roll eyes No matter what it is that I tell her, her first response is "I know". My reponse to that sometimes is something like "well, did you know that you're bedtime tonight might be 6:00 if you keep up with your snotty attitude?"...she doesn't like that response. Big grin
                    And, at 12, I'm sorry to say Michelle... it is just beginning. Shocked

Rick

You are describing Katie too a T (btw she seems to know everything as well :rollSmile Now changing bedtime doesn't matter to her, HOWEVER losing her DS for 2 days does Evil grin

I have to add, I LOVE the 16 year old - Chelsea - with all my heart as well. I just don't always like her.
                        Oh, I can relate to that comment - I've told my daughter that I love her but there are times that I just don't like her - this is after she's said some really mean things (evil creatures have that know how of being mean at times).

Michelle

NEVVAAAAA... she's mine.... ALLLLLL mine! This girl (the 12 year old - Lindsey) is soooo sweet, she got the neighbor across the street, a single mom to two kids and not well off whatsoever, Christmas gifts from her own hard-earned cash. The girl makes my heart swell. I have to add, I LOVE the 16 year old - Chelsea - with all my heart as well. I just don't always like her.
                          awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww what a good girl!!! I TOTALLY understand how you feel about your 16 year old!

This girl (the 12 year old - Lindsey) is soooo sweet, she got the neighbor across the street, a single mom to two kids and not well off whatsoever, Christmas gifts from her own hard-earned cash. The girl makes my heart swell.
                            That is truly wonderful - her actions, and how proud of her you are.

Michelle

Another Passion

Nice to know there are other parents in the boat with you. I guess we just keep paddlin'... the boat that is, not the kids... unless they deserve it of course. Evil grin Well, I gots to gets off the puter and help out with housecleaning, holiday prep, etc... The DW is in meltdown mode. The poor woman woke up at 2:00 this morning stressing over what she had to accomplish today and actually got up to pull some frozen spinach out of the freezer to thaw, went back to bed, and then got up again to get some cream cheese out of the frige so it would be room temp in the morning and said her heart was just racing she was stressing so much. Argh!! Merry Christmas (if you so celebrate) to you both! I am blessed in getting to know y'all through this site and you both have been a great source of inspiration and encouragement to me in my "running life". If you do not celebrate Christmas... Happy Holidays! Wink

Rick

Nice to know there are other parents in the boat with you. I guess we just keep paddlin'... the boat that is, not the kids... unless they deseve it of course. Evil grin Well, I gots to gets off the puter and help out with housecleaning, holiday prep, etc... The DW is in meltdown mode. The poor woman woke up at 2:00 this morning stressing over what she had to accomplish today and actually got up to pull some frozen spinach out of the freezer to thaw, went back to bed, and then got up again to get some cream cheese out of the frige so it would be room temp in the morning and said her heart was just racing she was stressing so much. Argh!! Merry Christmas (if you so celebrate) to you both! I am blessed in getting to know y'all through this site and you both have been a great source of inspiration and encouragement to me in my "running life". If you do not celebrate Christmas... Happy Holidays! Wink
                                I can relate with your DW! Merry Christmas to you as well (that is if you celebrate it as well). I think we are all blessed!! This site is awesome and so many people to gain inspiration from!! Enjoy Rick!!!