Runkeeper GPX workouts no longer uploading (Read 75 times)

npaden

Just tried to upload my runkeeper workouts via the import feature the way I've always done it and they didn't upload and I got a system message telling me they had an unknown error in them.

Previously runkeeper has occasionally changed some export features and caused issues, not sure if this is something like that or what happened.

I tried 2 different workouts and they both failed.

Thanks, Nathan

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Same problem with .tcx file

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

eric :)

Hi Nathan,

Could you send me the GPX file and I'll take a look.  I'm sure the problem is RunKeeper changed something and caused their files to be invalid.

eric Smile

Hi Eric, I'm also going to send you my file.  I uploaded my .tcx file to Strava just fine but then couldn't here.  Strava lets me export my .gpx file so that's what I'm sending.  Thanks!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

DanielMAD

Same problem here.

The gpx-file looks fine. Exported from endomondo

npaden

I didn't have Eric's email address on my home computer so I just now remembered to send it this morning from my work computer.

Thanks!

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

eric :)

Hi all,

This problem is resolved.  Please let me know if you continue to experience problems.

eric Smile

npaden

Thanks!

Got my last weeks workouts uploaded and am up to date again.

Runkeeper is trying to improve their log, they have added a weather option and a shoe tracking feature, but you have to pay for the weather option and the shoe tracking feature is almost worthless as you can't track multiple shoes that are the same make and model.

Well worth the time and effort for me to upload each workout manually into RunningAHEAD to have a running log that is extremely useful!

Thanks again.

rmcj001

???? Right after "Model" fields is "Name" field which has the following description:

"Use this field to differentiate equipment of the same model:"

What do you want? I currently have 3 pairs of same model and they show up as "Brand and specific Model" ("Name")

Ray

npaden

???? Right after "Model" fields is "Name" field which has the following description:

"Use this field to differentiate equipment of the same model:"

What do you want? I currently have 3 pairs of same model and they show up as "Brand and specific Model" ("Name")

Are you talking about Runkeepers shoe tracking feature or RunningAHEAD's shoe tracking feature?

With RunningAHEAD I can keep track of everything I want.  I do kind of wish I could use the same shoe for both running and walking or hiking without having to enter it twice, but it's not too difficult just to add the miles on each activity to get to the total.

On Runkeeper you can pick the brand and model and that's it.  I rotate through multiple shoes of the same model and on RunningAHEAD I can note black, green, #1 or #2 or whatever to keep track of them.  I don't see that option in Runkeeper.

I was giving props to Eric for a well thought out and executed running log.

You might try actually reading what I typed before responding.

rmcj001

Okay, I see yes I did mis-read your message. I apologize. I guess I need to start wearing reading glasses...

Ray

Ken100

Today I tried to upload my workout data from RunKeeper and got this error message:

"cUndecidedfakepath\2020-07-28-193703.gpx has the wrong extension. Do you wish to continue?"

I entered yes and the data did not upload. I tried a few more times and nothing was uploaded.

In late July, I uploaded my workout data from RunKeeper exactly the same way and was successful.

Could you help find out what went wrong? Thank you very much!