can't make a training plan (Read 112 times)

DrGaladriel

I just made a new account today, but I can't make a training plan. I am unable to drag any of the activities onto the calendar. I'm relatively computer literate, so I really don't know what the problem is. I'm using Windows 7 and I've tried in Chrome, Firefox, and IE. Help?

Joann Y

Make sure you click on "edit" (assuming you have been successful in saving the plan). If you haven't yet been able to create a plan at all, go to "training log" and then click "training plans" and then "create plan".

I just made a new account today, but I can't make a training plan. I am unable to drag any of the activities onto the calendar. I'm relatively computer literate, so I really don't know what the problem is. I'm using Windows 7 and I've tried in Chrome, Firefox, and IE. Help?

DrGaladriel

I have tried many times to create anew plan. I can get to that screen, and type in a name and date ranges, but I can't save the plan (the save button is dimmed) nor can I edit the calendar at all. It really seemed like a browser problem but it's happened on every browser I've used.

an amazing likeness

I have tried many times to create anew plan. I can get to that screen, and type in a name and date ranges, but I can't save the plan (the save button is dimmed) nor can I edit the calendar at all. It really seemed like a browser problem but it's happened on every browser I've used.

Hate to ask this...but are you sure you're entering text in the Name: field of the training plan?  The 'Save' button is dimmed until a name is entered for the plan.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Joann Y

There has to be a name and at least one entry on the calendar.

DrGaladriel

I'm putting in a name every time. I've even tried one-word names in case spaces were a problem. And I can't put a single entry on the calendar because it won't let me. I'm starting to think this isn't something I'm doing wrong, based on replies. Some sort of glitch on my account maybe.

Joann Y

Are you on a computer or your phone? Doesn't work on my phone.

I'm putting in a name every time. I've even tried one-word names in case spaces were a problem. And I can't put a single entry on the calendar because it won't let me. I'm starting to think this isn't something I'm doing wrong, based on replies. Some sort of glitch on my account maybe.

DrGaladriel

At the moment I'm on my iPad but I don't expect it to work on this. I have tried on my computer with chrome, Firefox, and IE browsers.

The save button will be unavailable until you drag at-least one workout onto the calendar  and save that workout.  Which you probably can't do on a iPad/iPhone.

MTA, you can't type directly on the calendar, you need to drag a workout type (Run/bike/swim/weights/other), and fill in the details on the popup modal window.  Not sure if popups need to be enabled for this work

DrGaladriel

Exactly. I can't drag any workouts onto my calendar on my COMPUTER using ANY browser. That's my problem I'm posting about.

The save button will be unavailable until you drag at-least one workout onto the calendar  and save that workout.  Which you probably can't do on a iPad/iPhone.

MTA, you can't type directly on the calendar, you need to drag a workout type (Run/bike/swim/weights/other), and fill in the details on the popup modal window.  Not sure if popups need to be enabled for this work

When you hover your mouse over the activity type does an array of 12 lightly colored dots appear in the colored rectangle to the left of the text?

If so and you left click and try to drag you should get a circle with a line through it until you move it to the white section under the date at which point it should give you the box with a + sign to tell you that if you release the left mouse button it will add the activity.

If any of the above items are not working, do you have access to someone elses computer or a public computer to try on with your account?

Exactly. I can't drag any workouts onto my calendar on my COMPUTER using ANY browser. That's my problem I'm posting about.

Don't I feel dumb right now.

eric :)

I am stumped like everyone else.  It sounds like a JavaScript problem, but if you can see the calendar, then that is not it.  Could you send me a screen shot?  Maybe a picture would provide some clues to the problem.  You can post the screen shot here, or send it to me at support@runningahead.com.

eric Smile

DrGaladriel

I'm pretty sure a screenshot is going to look exactly like any screenshot would--it shows everything on the page, it just doesn't work. I guess I will try to make a new account and see if it works in a new account. I haven't been able to try on a different computer (though I've never had any trouble with the computer I'm using).

LadyofLorien

Nope, doesn't work on a new account either. I guess it must be this computer, though that doesn't make sense to me because I've tried on all the different browsers I have. Oh well.