Bike to Work Day (Read 1095 times)

Carl A

Time to dust off the old two-wheeler. In the United States, Bike to Work Day is May 18! http://www.bikeleague.org/programs/bikemonth/ Cheers, Carl

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, I need to make sure my hubby sees this...though that means I would have to go pick him up (he works 45 minutes away). Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Buy me a bike and I'm in. Wink Actually, I plan to get a bike this Summer and then I will start biking to/from work most days. 8 miles each way. With a nice greenway in the middle.
        mikeymike

Can I run instead?

Runners run

Can I run instead?
            Yes, if you put a picture of a bike in your pocket. Failing that, you must say the word bike while running.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Oh, I need to make sure my hubby sees this...though that means I would have to go pick him up (he works 45 minutes away).
              Maybe you need to make sure he doesn't see this, b/c he'd probably start doing it every day. Clowning around

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I used to bike to work .. until some arse in Baltimore stole my bike (two years after someone in Baltimore stole my car ... thank god I still have my FEET Big grin)
                2009: BQ?
                Mishka-old log

I used to bike to work .. until some arse in Baltimore stole my bike (two years after someone in Baltimore stole my car ... thank god I still have my FEET Big grin)
                  I bet I could get at least $75 for your feet on the black market. Ewww, nevermind.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Maybe you need to make sure he doesn't see this, b/c he'd probably start doing it every day. Clowning around
                    Hey, if it meant him getting up earlier and giving me more time to hog the bed all for myself I'm game!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

LMBO!!!! Big grin I used to bike to work too! I worked at a park, so I'd just shower at the campground when I got there. Perfect set-up!
                        I bet I could get at least $75 for your feet on the black market.
                        Probably not. They are small and kind of wide, and my baby toe does this weird pointing out type thing. $30, max.
                        2009: BQ?
                          I won't have started my job on May 18th.... No Maybe I'll just bike around for the heck of it.
                            Yes, if you put a picture of a bike in your pocket. Failing that, you must say the word bike while running.
                            This reminds me of that credit card rewards commercial where the guy is out with his biking friends and he's just sort of galloping along, pretending he's on a bike. I think running like that would definitely count as "biking."
                            Carl A

I usually zone out during commercials that aren't about running or pizza, but that "biking" commercial is hilarious! I had a bike stolen too, in Scranton. It was just a cheap mtn bike, but I left the cut chain-lock on the fence as a little guilt trip for the thief. It stayed there hanging pathetically for over two years. My current bike is a beautiful circa-1982 Puegeot that my brother-in-law gave me from his garage. A nice and heavy bike that's perfect for cross training. Last year, when I rode it to work a few times, I kept it in my office. I'll have to get some 2007 saddle time soon, because MapQuest says my job is 30.44 miles from my home.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Marquess of Utopia

I biked to work this morning!!! Big grin I haven't been on my bike for almost a year... 14.7 mile each way, I have a feeling the return trip will be more up hill.