Bulletproof Coffee (Read 309 times)

TortisHELL

I heard that fixing your coffee with butter or oil before your morning run will give you tons of energy and stamina.  Does anyone do this?

The thought of drinking coffee before I run in the morning isn't very appealing to me (I just drink some water and out the door I go), but I do often put a little bit of coconut oil in my coffee throughout the day. I've found the coffee in that form is much more satiating than straight black. I've tried butter a few times too, and that was very good.

black for me. once upon a time I didn't have coffee before my morning run, thought I was going to have a heart attack. never again.

Get off my porch

xhristopher

I used to listen to the Endurance Planet podcast before Kevin Patrick sold the name/brand to Ben Greenfield who drives me funking nuts. The two couldn't be more different...

Somehow it pops up here and there. The last time I looked Ben was pitching the hell out of coffee enemas with Bulletproof Coffee and how to manually cleanse your ass end into a bucket. That's my only point of reference when I hear Bulletproof Coffee.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

The last time I looked Ben was pitching the hell out of coffee enemas with Bulletproof Coffee and how to manually cleanse your ass end into a bucket. That's my only point of reference when I hear Bulletproof Coffee.

Wow.

steph  

And just like that, Bulletproof coffee no longer sounds remotely appealing.

xhristopher

Next up is Bulletproof Civit Coffee

TortisHELL

Lots of interesting answers. Thank you all.

I will try the coconut oil and see if it works.

I don't drink coffee, but I have put butter and coconut oil into green tea and it does suppress your appetite in the morning. I read the Bulletproof Coffee book, but since he pretty much only cares about losing weight as a measure of fitness it wasn't particularly relevant to me, and since most of his gains came at a time when he was allegedly taking quite a few performance enhancing drugs and that isn't really addressed in the book, the rest seemed kind of suspect to me, even as just anecdotal experience.

Run to Win
                    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

#artbydmcbride

Is that a Civit?  I thought it was the Honey Badger!  ( he don't give a sh#8)

Next up is Bulletproof Civit Coffee

Runners run

I also DON'T drink coffee.  But.... on marathon day, I usually have a nice big mug.  I find it totally cleans me out and prevents any GI issues during the race.

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Prince of Fatness

And just like that, Bulletproof coffee no longer sounds remotely appealing.

+1

Not at it at all. 

xhristopher

Is that a Civit?  I thought it was the Honey Badger!  ( he don't give a sh#8)

Isn't a civit just some kind of coffee pooping cat?

rlopez

civet.