Text editor not working with IE 9 ? (Read 506 times)

day after day sameness

Recently upgraded from IE8 to IE9 (..pausing for the 4 people who are going to tell me to get Firefox...hey, I use FF -- I need to have both browsers, ok?) In IE9 I'm not able to compose messages, the text editor isn't active. I can modify a message in the text editor -- but to compose I have to use the HTML editor. Is this known, or a problem specific to my pc/browser?

Choosing my words carefully has never been my strength I've been known to be vague and often pointless

Andy,

That's the first thing I noticed when I upgraded to IE9.  I'm not sure if it's IE or the text editor.  If you click on the very first row where the text will go, you will get the insertion cursor.  I'll keep checking to see if there's an update for the text editor which will fix this problem.

day after day sameness

Ok, I see that clicking in the upper left of the text editor works.  I wasn't being that precise. I tried clicking in the text entry area to move the focus there, but was never precise about clicking on the first row.

Thanks Eric.  - Andy

Choosing my words carefully has never been my strength I've been known to be vague and often pointless