progress (Read 2000 times)

JoggingPanda

Jimmyb- I admit, to me, there is something fun and exciting about running in a thunderstorm, or at night. It just makes it that much more fun. I can't wait to be running five miles at a pop, I have a long ways to go but I am willing to earn it.

runnerclay- I honestly thought of taking protection, but I thought it would interfere with my running Big grin hahaha. That is no joke. I figure if a mountain lion helped Ricky Bobby get his mojo back, one might help me earn some mojo.

Sunday- decided to go try some 100yard sprints at the high school track. I wanted to do as many as possible under 25 seconds( 25 seconds was just a guess) I did 4 100 yarders each one was 17 seconds. Then I walked a mile and a half. Sprints beat my legs up pretty bad probably wont do them again, until i lose a more significant amount of weight.

JoggingPanda

It is a nice cool summer day. I am going to the track and I am going to run as far as I can. I am going to start covering 1 mile of distance every time I run from now on. That will include any walking that i have to do to cover the mile.

If anyone has a reson for me not to do this, or suggestions that will help with my plan, please let me know.

I love running so late at night. It felt like I was the only one alive. It was quite a rush being as I live in the country, and there have recently been mountain lion sightings.

No mountain lions here, but I second you...

In fact, only moments before I read this thread, I was just changing my profile-information and wrote down that for me, nothing compares to running in the evening by full moon, through the fields and the meadows, hearing nothing but some distant sounds...

Running in Belgium
        Ann

JoggingPanda

Ann-V- it is just such a great feeling running at night. I absolutely love it.

JoggingPanda

I did very well today at the track. I ran 2.5 laps walked half a lap then ran another lap. So I ran 7/8's of a mile and walked 1/8th. I was extremely happy. I am progressing very well.

Awesome, JP. I love night running too.

Keep up the progress - I'm looking forward to hear about your first full mile.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

JoggingPanda

Bonkin, I have a feeling it will happen really soon. At least I hope it does. I cant wait to be able to run run a 5k, that will be my first major goal achieved.

JoggingPanda

Went to the Y today and ran on the indoor track went pretty good. The track there is 1/12th of a mile so 12 laps makes a mile i ran 10 straight no stopping, kind of let myself down there.  But I ran two days in a row and almost made it a mile each day so I am happy with that.

On a side note met a beautiful woman named Deresea. We may start running together in the evenings, All in all great day, can't wait to see where things go with us. I initiated the conversation and used running buddies to break the ice. She is a thick built redhead, my exact type from head to toe. Thank you running  Wink!

an amazing likeness

A few more days, Panda, and you'll make it to the end of June...hang in there a while longer and just days after that you'll hit your second full month of running and RunningAhead.  Be cautious with those little short tracks, you'll want to even out the turns' loads on your body.  As before, recommend you add some time walking so that your goal is time and not just distance.  30 minutes of walk/jog beats 15 minutes of run.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

dallasboycows

yes running and progressing can be quite motivating.

JoggingPanda

A few more days, Panda, and you'll make it to the end of June...hang in there a while longer and just days after that you'll hit your second full month of running and RunningAhead.  Be cautious with those little short tracks, you'll want to even out the turns' loads on your body.  As before, recommend you add some time walking so that your goal is time and not just distance.  30 minutes of walk/jog beats 15 minutes of run.

Milktruck how does that work? I usually try to walk as far as I am going to run before I run, but i don't really time myself. I know it takes me about 20 minutes to do my usual walk to the blinking lights then run home. Should i be timing how long im walking and how long im running? Please clue me into this. Now you got my mind going crazy, hahaha. If you could elaborate or link something for me I would appreciate it.

an amazing likeness

Milktruck how does that work?

I guess I made something very simple sound complex -- that's a writing skill I wish I didn't have.

Set a time-based goal.  Do it every day.  On days your body is ready, run the whole time.  On days your body needs a rest, run slower and walk part.

Example: 45 minutes each day as your goal.  Monday you feel peppy and run 30, walk 15.  Tuesday you're not so peppy and walk 15, jog 15, walk 15.

Make the 45 minutes the goal. In a short time, you'll be running for the whole duration and on your planned rest days you walk the whole time.

JoggingPanda

So you are telling me to replace running for distance, with running for time?

an amazing likeness

So you are telling me to replace running for distance, with running for time?

Yes.  Let the distance take care of itself.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Yes.  Let the distance take care of itself.

+1 IMNSHO this is one of the best, if not the best, way to avoid injury. Run/jog/walk by time, listening to your body. Distance follows as body allows.

bob e v
                                2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.