Running mentality fuel, just add water! (Read 1667 times)

To me, the easiest way to get: A) Motivated, or B) A better mentality while running or about running... is to find someone who loves the sport just as much as you do. Then, via email, AIM, forums, or actually talking to them, just talk about running! You and your races, their races, how they think on a run, about goals, about a future race, about how what Suzie Q did on last week's run was hilarious. Just about running. To me, thats the best way to refresh your mind about running anytime, anywhere. Thoughts? (I would assume since you all post on a forum about running, you would agree somewhat Big grin )

Beatin' on the Rock

Big grin
      Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
        agreed. Hhaving someone to share your interests with is nice. At one point I would say in my head... I don't feel like doing anything let alone running! and my running partner would call and say see you at 11:30... ok see you there! I needed that. I also find that running with someone keeps life from intruding on my running. If it is planned and I am meeting x number of people who are expecting me to be there, I can't unschedule my run or worse do something silly like reschedule it to morning before I go to work (which for me never happens)... however somewhere along the way a change occured in me. I no longer need a reason to run but rather I need a really good reason not to! Now I need friends who like running to talk to about it so that I don't drive my wife crazy talking about something she doesn't care about nor has any understand of.
        Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Nah, I'm a consequential unilitarian - it gets me out the door just fine Cool usually