Karnazes on 60 Minutes (Read 1132 times)

Non ducor, duco.

Click Warning: It is annoying because you have to watch the ads a zillion times.
    JakeKnight

Cool. Thanks! ( ... and now let the inevitable Karno bash-fest begin ...)

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

db7

He's SUPERMAN!! DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

Cool. Thanks! ( ... and now let the inevitable Karno bash-fest begin ...)
          I for one am a Karno fan. Everyone can say what they want but until they are ready to face the same miles and chalenges he has then they can go pound sand. He is humble (consider what he has done) and accepting of all runners. If you get the chance go see his movie when it airs to the public. I saw it at its public premeir in California back in May and it is worth the watch. Thanks for sharing the clips. Jimmy

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

xor

People say all kinds of things about Dean. I must admit that's the first time I've heard "humble" associated with him. I've met him in person many times, run with him a few times (most recently at the Whidbey Island Marathon in April, where he ultimately finished a few minutes ahead of me). Some days, he's warm and engaging. Some days he's annoying. About like most people. Some days he wants to know about those around him; many days he's really into talking about himself. Like many people. Anyway. Sam got to 50-in-50-in-50 first, and he's a damn nice guy too :-).

Go Pre!

OMG - That commercial.
                Humble in the sense that he as accomplished what he has and is still willing to talk to you about your running. He let's his running toot his horn for the most part. He does most of his talking to get his causes out there, which he benefits from of course. Sam is a much nicer person then Dean to me. I have m,et both of them and have had the pleasure of running next to both in races. Sam is definately more humble but look at their backgrounds prior to accomplishing their feats. Jimmy

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

Hawt and sexy

Karnazes? Humble?

I'm touching your pants.

He's SUPERMAN!! DB
                    More like alien...but he's amazing.
                    Purdey

Self anointed title

Well ... he's just been overtaken by a woman in Badwater - Pam Reed. Eat humble pie now Karno!

C-R

A good story considering 60 minutes. Good link. and thanks to that commercial I can now feel secure in raising my arms in any situation and being "fresh".

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Imminent Catastrophe

I've met DK a couple of times, ran and talked with him and Sam in Atlanta during Sam's 51/50/50. He's always been really friendly and approachable, when I bugged out at mile 9 he ran back, shook my hand, and said he'd enjoyed running with me. I never found him to be arrogant or egotistical in person, although his stunts can be a bit overdone at times.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

rkeddie

Karnazes? Humble?
                            says hawt and sexy....
                              I dunno if the commercials change, but I got that Secret one with the kindacutie in the red top. I am both attracted and repulsed. I need to sleep on this. I may have a crush on a deodorant ad chick. Oh ... about the running ... first time I ever saw him interviewed ... seemed humble enough to me. I mean, the guy can run 100 miles and pee on the run.
                                Karnazes? Humble?
                                If that's you in the avatar: Cool photo. If not: Cool photo.