January swimming (Read 1164 times)

Pro, it's January...where's your swimming thread? 30 minutes of drills..."forgot" how to freestyle and was really screwed up. Undecided
    spacityrunner

Thanks for getting us started Econo.... First swim of 08 Freestyle (well, I'm not sure what kind of "style" I have Big grinSmile 1400 yds in 35 min.. and this is all approx. based on 75 sec laps and 5 minutes deducted for rest... The best thing was I didn't have to share my lane with anyone...nice!

Trails Rock!

TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

Econo, Yes thank you! I did swim on Wed 2-Jan and for got to get us going. Thanks for the wakeup scratch! (inside joke.) dc, Don't count rest! Post 1500 ydsd and 30 min. Everyone rests. All wo's have rest. If you go 1000 yds non-stop then specify 1500 yds, 60 min. but 1000 at 25min. And BTW, let's get a golf score huh? :^)

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"

spacityrunner

Econo, Yes thank you! I did swim on Wed 2-Jan and for got to get us going. Thanks for the wakeup scratch! (inside joke.) dc, Don't count rest! Post 1500 ydsd and 30 min. Everyone rests. All wo's have rest. If you go 1000 yds non-stop then specify 1500 yds, 60 min. but 1000 at 25min. And BTW, let's get a golf score huh? :^)
          Golf score...is that a new kind of tri.....running, swimming and golfing??? But, I don't know how to play golf and I just learned how to swim. I fear my head will explode if I try to put anything else new into it Shocked OK...if I don't count rest I did 40 minutes of swimming....1600 yds. Now, I like that Big grin

Trails Rock!

btb1490

Doesn't "freestyle" mean "anything goes"? So how can you mess that up? Yeah right, don't you wish! In the master's program I'm in, our workouts are designed to take us 1.5 hours. For my lane, that usually works out to about 4000 meters. Well today the coach forgot to bring the workouts with him, so he was just making up stuff on the fly as we went along. We'd finish one set of something, and he'd say "Ok, now do this...." and off we would go like dutiful little puppies. At the end, everyone was remarking "Didn't that seem like a lot of meters today?" Judging by two lifeless arms dangling by my side, I had to agree. It wasn't till I added up our workout later in the day that I realized it was 4600 meters. A new PR. I also set a new PR for the amount of coffee consumed throughout the rest of the day...
              1500 meters this mornig. It took a bit longer because my breaks were around 45-60 sec every 5 laps, but I did freestyle the entire swim. I think mixing free/breaststroke was causing me some knee pain, we'll see how I feel on my run later today.
              TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

Golf score...is that a new kind of tri.....running, swimming and golfing???
                OK, hold your head. Golf score is time + strokes for one lap. What I do is check the clock, count strokes down one length (by counting every time I breathe), count strokes again on my way back. Then I add (for instance) 50 sec + 20 strokes + 22 strokes. 92 golf score. At the end of a workout, the score might be as high as 110. Best ever was 45+18+20=83.

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"

spacityrunner

30 min in the pool after my 7 mile very hilly run today....I tried to keep it relaxed and slow and it worked. I was still doing laps in 70-75 sec. but my form was so much better. Pro: Now my head hurts Wink You sure do make swimming interesting....

Trails Rock!

How far is that lap? Is one stroke every time my right arm (or left) enters the water? Or is a stroke everytime each hand enters the water?
                      Yes, a stroke is counted any time either hand enters the water. My stroke count per length today was consistently 16! Really gliding! Unfortunately, I had no speed. Time was 75 seconds for the lap (but in my defense, I wasn't going for speed!). Dead 40 min swim drills & free style today, 30 min swim lesson yesterday.

Gotta TRI

Hey Gang! I got in about a half hour Friday. Did lousy Angry Swimmings hard!!! Going back tomorrow with the Tri club. That will be an hour in the pool, followed by an hour in the gym followed by a run Shocked Check back tomorrow, Andy
                        2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
                          1500 in 37 min. Golf score around 110 each time I counted. If I keep this up, I might need to buy a real pair of swim shorts.

Gotta TRI

What a day! An hour in the pool roughly 1150 yds., an hour core training in the gym and about 4 miles on the trails. Swim is getting better though Smile Andy
                              I thought I was doing well today until I ready andytrihard's entry. Thanksabunch! 1100y in the pool this morning; rest day!

Gotta TRI

Sorry bout that Big grin That's not really a "normal" day for me. The next one like that is in two weeks.