Tebow... (Read 1233 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

MrH

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

jpdeaux

Wait, isn't that over "The Gates of Hell"?

Prince of Fatness

Gotta love the Jets.

Not at it at all. 

I don't get this one.  I wonder if Tebow any say in the matter -- it seems like a poor fit for his (possible) development as a QB.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

vegefrog

Clive, I don't think he had much choice. I don't think any team was willing to take the risk and bet on him for their starter. I just can't believe he was only worth a 4th round draft pick...that's sad. I think he's annoying, but I think he deserves more respect in the NFL.  I can't see Sanchez or Tebow being too happy about this. Sanchez has to be a little upset that the Jets don't have enough confidence in him to be their ONLY QB and Tebow...well I don't think he imagined himself as a second string-only playing wildcat plays sort of position.

#artbydmcbride

Please identify a time when it wasn't this way. 

January 6, 1955 2:15 pm

Runners run

Menace to Sobriety

Clive, I don't think he had much choice. I don't think any team was willing to take the risk and bet on him for their starter. I just can't believe he was only worth a 4th round draft pick...that's sad. I think he's annoying, but I think he deserves more respect in the NFL.  I can't see Sanchez or Tebow being too happy about this. Sanchez has to be a little upset that the Jets don't have enough confidence in him to be their ONLY QB and Tebow...well I don't think he imagined himself as a second string-only playing wildcat plays sort of position.

The Jets just signed Sanchez to 5 years for 58 million plus a week or so before the Tebow deal.  I'm not sure how upset he could possibly be. This has to be a sign that he's going to be their 1QB and gives him some longer range security.

I figured the Jags would go harder for Tebow, though. 

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

L Train

I may have misread this because I was just glancing, but it sounded like the Jags actually offered a better deal.  Higher buyout of the contract and better picks.

"run" "2" "eat"

I may have misread this because I was just glancing, but it sounded like the Jags actually offered a better deal.  Higher buyout of the contract and better picks.

that is also what i heard on sportscenter.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Menace to Sobriety

I haven't seen anything on the Jags offer, but admit I haven't really looked.

Not really sure how all that works. I think some vets can veto trades, but other than that, can a team take the lesser offer and why would they?

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

L Train

Perhaps they wanted to weaken the Jets more than they wanted to weaken the Jags.

Menace to Sobriety

Or Elway is concerned about Rex Ryan's spiritual health.

Prince of Fatness

I figured the Jags would go harder for Tebow, though. 

Per Peter King on Twitter...

Single biggest reason for Tebow's CHOICE of Jets over Jags? ... Jets have coaches who wanted him.

I think that the issue down in Jacksonville was that the owner wanted Tebow there, but the GM and coaches did not.  Sounds like Tebow went to where he would feel most wanted.

Not at it at all. 

I think they just wanted to abide by Tebow's wishes. In the grand scheme of things the money and draft picks were small potatoes (slightly smaller potatoes from NYJ than JAX.)

I don't see what these two see in each other but, hey, it must have made sense to Tebow and the Jets' brass.

Runners run