Tebow... (Read 1233 times)

xor

What the heavens is going on in here?

All I know is that the play that won the game was pretty sweet.  Unless, of course, you are a steeler fan, in which case you are super pissed off at your secondary.

As for Mr Tebow, I haven't seen him play much.  He seems to get pretty pumped up, which is alright usually.

Anyway, is this a measurement contest thread now?  What the heck?

zonykel

I wasn't going to reply to the thread, since I think the Tebow story is overhyped... and the overhyping becomes part of the story. But since the thread's gotten so long, I'll add my two cents.

I watched a couple of Denver games this year, and what I found was that Tebow has serious limitations as a passing quarterback. He's very good as a running quarterback, though. But when I compare him to a QB like Michael Vick, I think Vick edges him out both as a passer and as a runner. Tebow's throws look awkward and wobbly, as other people have mentioned. His runs look more like he's applying brute force. What I remember from Vick, is that he's more refined in both categories. And yet, Tebow had a better winning record than Vick.

My opinion is that because Tebow is taking so much of the limelight, the rest of the Denver team is not getting the credit they deserve for the wins assigned to Tebow. Sure, Tebow is part of the team and contributes what he can, but the rest of the team carries a heavy load as well.

Much can be said about Tebow's sucky statistics as a passer. I think Tebow does what would be considered an unintentional rope-a-dope. He underperforms for part of the game, the defense is lulled into a false sense of security. Then all of a sudden, Tebow starts hitting targets he used to miss, and the defense is caught unawares.

L Train

I can see why you didn't like the comment, but you have nothing to be ashamed of.  No reason to hide it.  Last I checked we didn't have to time trial our way into this place.

True.

xhristopher

I can see why you didn't like the comment, but you have nothing to be ashamed of.  No reason to hide it.  Last I checked we didn't have to time trial our way into this place.

I thought this thread had train wreck potential but this isn't the kind I expected.

Feeling the growl again

I thought this thread had train wreck potential but this isn't the kind I expected.

?

Hopefully nobody took anything negative from my post which you quoted as it was meant quite the opposite of that...I don't think anyone should feel the need to hide their log because they aren't "up to snuff" to make it public, speed relative to others should have nothing to do with anything...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I have (well, had) no idea who this Tebow guy was, so I read through the thread just now.  I'm fairly certain that your post wasn't the one taken negatively.

?

Hopefully nobody took anything negative from my post which you quoted as it was meant quite the opposite of that...I don't think anyone should feel the need to hide their log because they aren't "up to snuff" to make it public, speed relative to others should have nothing to do with anything...

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
              Emil Zatopek

TRC

?

Trust me I realize I have NO speed relative to many / most on this board...Big boy to me isn't a negative connotation.

You pencil necks should know that. How many times have your wives / girlfriends told you that you were too skinny?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'd suspect that Tebow would donate a couple dollars to a good charity if asked

You pencil necks should know that. How many times have your wives / girlfriends told you that you were too skinny?

I'm not a pencil neck myself, but I look forward to the day I get called too skinny (down 60-ish pounds from this time last year).

When I first started running last year, I was really self-conscious about how much I weighed compared to "typical" runners.  "Big boy" would have bothered me then, so it doesn't surprise me that it would bother someone else.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                    Emil Zatopek

xor

Again: what the hell is going on in here?

MrH

Again: what the hell is going on in here?

Just some heterosexual men talking about each other's bodies.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Just some heterosexual men talking about each other's bodies.

Some of us were talking about our own bodies. 

Wait, what?

Emil Zatopek

xhristopher

?

Sorry, it was a little off the cuff from my phone and I probably responded/quoted the wrong bit and mixed up the context.

All I intended to say was that I find it unfortunate that a discussion about tebow has to digress to the point of insulting each other--and I'm not talking about you. Talking smack about sports teams is one thing. Making folks feel unwelcome here because of their weight or speed is something else tho.

Feeling the growl again

Sorry, it was a little off the cuff from my phone and I probably responded/quoted the wrong bit and mixed up the context.

All I intended to say was that I find it unfortunate that a discussion about tebow has to digress to the point of insulting each other--and I'm not talking about you. Talking smack about sports teams is one thing. Making folks feel unwelcome here because of their weight or speed is something else tho.

No worries, just wanted to make sure I hadn't inadvertently slighted anyone.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TRC

I welcome any and all criticisms. Fuel for the fire. However be careful the dog does bite.