You know what really burns my arse... (Read 1243 times)

a flame about 28 inches high! Not really but over the last 2 months I have noticed more fast food trash just thrown on the street. Cant these people either keep it in their car until they get home or to a trash can? When I was out running this morning I counted 3 different fast food bags with trash just laying by the curb. This really pisses me off! Just thought I would share. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Bob
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't see so much trash, but my latest running pet peeve is dog shit. If one is going to benefit from the company of a dog they need to be responsible cleaning up after it. I have 4 cats for a reason--I'm not willing to scoop poop outdoors and carry it around until I find a trash bin. The rail trails are pretty around here, but I spend most of the time watching where I step, instead of enjoying the scenery above ground-level.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

I'm with both of you on this one. The trash is ridiculous. People are such inconsiderate asses. We live in the country (sort of) so I see more horse poop than dog poop. The horse poop isn't as disgusting as dog crap, but it is much larger! I can handle the horse crap. I get so mad when I step in dog poop though. I want to bag it and leave it on the dog owners step, on fire of course. Evil grin

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I find myself wanting to thank the dog owners I pass on the path who are carrying a little baggie with their dog's landmine in it. Thank you for being responsible. I think it's so rude when they can't be bothered to clean up.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

You really do see the strangest things when you run. I know there was another thread of that nature. There is one type of litter that I see all the time that must be a Canadian thing because I literally never saw this before in the U.S. Now bear in mind that I run through some very nice neighborhoods in Toronto. We're talking homes with 7 figure price tags. The thing that I keep seeing, though, is just so disgusting and strange... I'll just say it. I keep seeing water bottles filled with urine. Constantly. At least three or four per run. It's insane. I mean, I try to come up with the scenario where that's a good idea and I draw a blank. Look, I was young once. I had a few too many beers and drove home. I've had that sensation of really needing to piss before I could make it home. But there are tons of trees, bushes, and parks around here. Don't be so damned lazy! Get you ass out of the car and go piss on a tree. Don't leave a bottle of piss in someone's front yard. That's just wrongful.
            And who am I anyway?
            Just another fat jogger, evidently.
              Not really sure why but the thing that gets me the most is people smoking and driving and then being the lazy arse that they are flicking it out the window because it is just too damn hard to put it in the ashtray Funny thing about this is that I only started noticing it after I quit smoking about 1.5 years ago, and then I though to myself that I used to do the same shit I was getting pissed at these people about.
              2009 Goals...:
              -run more miles than 2008

-build base to train for 2010 Rome Marathon
              AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I have noticed that smokers seem to litter all over the place anywhere you go -- I guess littering is a cultural part and parcel of smoking... Maybe it is psychologically an important component of the smoking? A childish or teenage expression of rebellion against parental figures, expressing that "I can destroy my body if I want to" and "I can trash the environment if I want to" ?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Dave

I can't help but notice how much of the trash on the side of the roads is beer bottles and cans. I enjoy a beer as much as the next guy but I just can't imagine pitching the empty bottle or can out the window of my car (or a bag full of fast food trash for that matter). Disgraceful.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I have noticed that smokers seem to litter all over the place anywhere you go -- I guess littering is a cultural part and parcel of smoking... Maybe it is psychologically an important component of the smoking? A childish or teenage expression of rebellion against parental figures, expressing that "I can destroy my body if I want to" and "I can trash the environment if I want to" ?
                    Nah I'm an ex-smoker. I can tell you from experience it's because smokers these days know they have a disgusting habit and don't want the nasty butts stinking up their cars. Ash trays are for spare change, man.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I can't help but notice how much of the trash on the side of the roads is beer bottles and cans. I enjoy a beer as much as the next guy but I just can't imagine pitching the empty bottle or can out the window of my car (or a bag full of fast food trash for that matter). Disgraceful.
                      And it gets me wondering how many of these fools are drinking and driving. Another reason for me to not run after dark. I think beer bottles and cans are probably the leading form of litter I see, too. I'm sure it has something to do with living in the sticks around a lot of rednecks. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

running buddies

I don't see so much trash, but my latest running pet peeve is dog shit. If one is going to benefit from the company of a dog they need to be responsible cleaning up after it. I have 4 cats for a reason--I'm not willing to scoop poop outdoors and carry it around until I find a trash bin. The rail trails are pretty around here, but I spend most of the time watching where I step, instead of enjoying the scenery above ground-level.
                        I love my dogs, but I would never leave their calling cards for someone to step in! gross. I'm sorry inconsiderate dog-owners have to make it more difficult for the rest of us.
                        "Be patient and tough. Someday this pain will be useful to you." Ovid 2009 Goals 1. Don't get injured 2. Run 3-4x/week for at least 30 minutes 3. participate in at least one run or tri (maybe 2) "And remember, Dead Freakin' Last is better than Did Not Finish which is way better than Did Not Start" (Allison)
                          I agree with all of the above. The amount of trash I see on the side of the road is disgusting, Beer cans, liquor bottles, plastic water bottles and everything else. As for the dog crap! I'd love to bag it in a brown bag and set it on fire on the moron's front steps. I like dogs and don't blame them, it's their owners who are suppose to have the brains right? And smokers definitely rate up there as well. How about the marons who toss their butts out the windows or the ones that empty their ash tray in a parking lot or while sitting at a light?

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

I don't see so much trash, but my latest running pet peeve is dog shit. If one is going to benefit from the company of a dog they need to be responsible cleaning up after it.
                            TRUST ME - coming from an owner of a chronic poo-eating dog (she freakin LOVES the stuff) NOTHING burns my ass more than seeing my dog chow down on some unknown doggies doo doo. All because that a$$hole was too freakin lazy to pick it up. Even if I forget my baggies on my walk, i always return with my car to go back and get it before my or someone else's dog finds it during their "chocolate" hunt
                            CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

There is one type of litter that I see all the time that must be a Canadian thing because I literally never saw this before in the U.S. Now bear in mind that I run through some very nice neighborhoods in Toronto. We're talking homes with 7 figure price tags. The thing that I keep seeing, though, is just so disgusting and strange... I'll just say it. I keep seeing water bottles filled with urine. Constantly.
                              I've never seen that. Sounds odd to me. Confused

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Hoping to Run Again :-(

UGH! Count me in on this one. I'm disgusted by people who use this world as their private trash bin. And as for the doggie deposits, well, my husband and I run a doggie daycare and boarding facility, so doo-doo pick ups are my life Big grin I don't run with our dog much anymore but when I did I was religious about picking it up and yep, running back home with it. Twice I forgot a bag and the first time I actually knocked on a stranger's door and explained the situation and she gave me one, thank-goodness. The other time - and this is gross I know but shows my dedication - I took off my buff, wrapped it up inside and off I ran! Shocked
                                ~ Fly ~
                                Only as much as I dream can I be.
                                veggies on the run