Falling Stars on morning run (Oct 25th) (Read 1033 times)

TRC

I started my run around 4:40:am central time and I live in southeast middle Tennessee. I saw 5 falling stars and I thought for sure a smoke trail on a couple of them. Anybody else see them this morning?

They were to the north and east of me.

Troy.

I'm in Central Florida, and we've been seeing them every morning for days.

It should be mathematical, but it's not.

ymmv

saw one this morning in maryland. i need to look up more!

I started my run around 4:40:am central time and I live in southeast middle Tennessee. I saw 5 falling stars and I thought for sure a smoke trail on a couple of them. Anybody else see them this morning?

not this morning. but it's tough to see in the city. (not that Murfreesboro is much of a city)

Sunday morning we ran out at Lascassas and I saw 3 shooting stars and my companion saw another that I didn't. Seemed like some kind of vapor trail as well, may have just been the clouds rolling in. Stars are definately brighter out in the country, in the hours before dawn. (we started at 4:30 am)

Get off my porch

TRC

Oldman, Murfreesboro is big enough! I live in Warren County..just north of McMinnville....no lights on my morning route....no moon this morning either.

Not to threadjack, but there's something really peaceful about those early morning runs. I have had to do a couple 4:30 am starts the last couple weekends and the were some of the best runs ever. 

But, I didn't see any falling stars. Lots of skunks though! 

TRC

I did a 2.25 warm-up then10x 12 second all out hill sprints on a 8 to 9% grade hill so not so peaceful this morning...then cool down....but yes I enjoy getting out early.

I think we're just finishing up with the Orionid meteor shower, when the Earth passes through the tail of Haley's comet.

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I think we're just finishing up with the Orionid meteor shower, when the Earth passes through the tail of Haley's comet.

This.  Peaked on Saturday morning.

Also, last night, the Northern Lights reached down as far south as Tennessee.

TRC

Didn't see the northern lights but I wish I did!!

I'll be on the lookout for them in the morning...an article I just read said it's possible they will be visible again tonight.

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

This.  Peaked on Saturday morning.

I saw the northern lights from my backyard in Kansas last night...it was pretty amazing!

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I saw a bright one a week ago.  It was in the Orion part of the sky, but I don't know if the Orionid shower had started then.  Probably.

MrH

I think that was just the parking lot lights from the new Target.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

#artbydmcbride

I think that was just the parking lot lights from the new Target.

Big grin

Runners run

Saw one this morning all the way up here in Stratford Ontario. (yes the home of Justin Bieber)

Kevin