Football (Read 496 times)

I'm going to miss it. Was never a fan until moving to Pittsburgh (so, obvsiously, a Steelers fan) @ 6.5 years ago. I. Mean. Never. A. Fan. Never voluntarily watched a game & would only attend Super Bowl parties for booze. So, yeah, I am watching the meaningless Pro Bowl to see the athleticism of good plays. Oh, the hi-def helps.
    munchkn883

Used to live in Pittsburgh (Moon Township) but never was a Steeler's fan.

Think Whirled Peas

I'm more of a casual football fan. I enjoy it, but I root for the Lions, so you can understand that the football season is usually over around week 7 or so. My favorite season is quickly approaching howevah. Pitchers and catchers report this week. Amen.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Boston peeps aren't as sad as usual to see the end of football season. After the Patriots crashed and burned, I think everybody around here is very much looking forward to baseball season. Boston TV stations don't even wait for pitchers and catchers to report, they actually cover the equipment truck departing Fenway for Florida. Now that's hardcore stuff.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

mikeymike

Boston peeps aren't as sad as usual to see the end of football season. After the Patriots crashed and burned, I think everybody around here is very much looking forward to baseball season. Boston TV stations don't even wait for pitchers and catchers to report, they actually cover the equipment truck departing Fenway for Florida. Now that's hardcore stuff.
            Am I the only one a little offended that we're still giving the stupid truck full of baseball gear more attention than the local hoop team, who by the way sport the best record in the NBA? Look I've been a Sox fan since I became self aware and my two favorite teams on the planet in any sport are the Red Sox and Patriots in that order. (I was kinda bummed when the Pats' season ended on such a sour note but that feeling was eased by their 3 championships in the last 7 years.) But come on. I mean I guess this obsession with the truck made some sense when the Sox had gone 86 years without a championship and there was always the feeling that "this could be the year" collective faith that we lived with each offseason. But we ARE the champions of baseball right now. For the second time in four seasons. Personally, I'll start to be a little more interested when the truck makes it's return trip from Fort Myers. Until then there are a lot of more interesting things going on in the sports world.

Runners run

JakeKnight

Great Pro Bowl! There were so many Cowboys on field, I felt like I was watching a Dallas game. Too bad they didn't play like that in the actual, you know, playoffs.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

My legs are killing me

I'm always happy to get the football season over with because it means that spring isn't too far away. Now it's time to get ready for the Daytona 500. A great party I wish I was going to!
                  Am I the only one a little offended that we're still giving the stupid truck full of baseball gear more attention than the local hoop team, who by the way sport the best record in the NBA?
                  I hear what you are saying Mike, some folks seem to have forgotten Boston actually HAS an NBA entry. For me it's not so much a symbol of the Sox or even baseball. The truck is a harbinger of Spring that arrives ahead of pitchers and catchers. After yesterday's long run, Spring can't come soon enough. See you at Stu's?

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

mikeymike

See you at Stu's?
                    God willing and the Creek don't rise. My Boston training is way off plan but I still plan to run Stu's, New Bedford and Eastern States 20 in March. Hopefully that will help me cram for Patriots Day.

Runners run