Help with facebook app (Read 82 times)

Phil2

Hi there!

I've tried several times over the last couple of years to get the Facebook app to post activities to my wall/newsfeed, but just can never get it to work on any of the several windows computers that I own. I'm not sure if it's the app, or something with facebook. It shows up in the section that has the app, but never posts anything to my wall or newsfeed. Have any suggestions?

I have the same problem.  Is the Facebook app simply not working?  Does anybody know?

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Feeling the growl again

eric Smile has addressed this over the years.  I'm not an IT guy so I don't have the fancy whiz-bang terms for you, but basically every time eric Smile tried to change his code to make it work facebook will change their API (or whatever it is on their end that interfaces) and break it again.  So he has de-prioritized this in favor of spending time on other aspects of RA.

I used to have it turned on, and it worked here and there.  Sometimes perfectly, sometimes only a partial post, sometimes nothing.  IIRC the basic sentiment was that until facebook elects to leave things well enough alone it was not worth fixing....again...and again..and again...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

ebiss

eric Smile has addressed this over the years.  I'm not an IT guy so I don't have the fancy whiz-bang terms for you, but basically every time eric Smile tried to change his code to make it work facebook will change their API (or whatever it is on their end that interfaces) and break it again.  So he has de-prioritized this in favor of spending time on other aspects of RA.

I used to have it turned on, and it worked here and there.  Sometimes perfectly, sometimes only a partial post, sometimes nothing.  IIRC the basic sentiment was that until facebook elects to leave things well enough alone it was not worth fixing....again...and again..and again...

Thanks Spaniel, I was wondering about this myself.