Yearly total not increasing (Read 288 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Granted I'm only 2 runs in, but the 2013 total on the summary page doesn't reflect the mileage of both.

Any ideas or anyone else seeing the same problem?

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

an amazing likeness

All I can offer is another set of eyes...and it looks right to me...you have 2 run workouts in 2013 of 7.1 and 5.2 miles and the summary shows 12.3 mi.

Not right ?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

eric :)

The yearly is not increasing.  How did you enter the 5 mile run?  Was it from RA or elsewhere?

theyapper

On the road again...

Uploaded it here like always. Interesting that milk sees the right total, but I only see the 7.1 (although the run is listed everywhere else: workouts, graph, etc).

Paul

xor

I see a summary of 12.3 for your week and month... but only 7.1 for your year.

an amazing likeness

All I can offer is another set of eyes...and it looks right to me...you have 2 run workouts in 2013 of 7.1 and 5.2 miles and the summary shows 12.3 mi.

Not right ?

Nope -- you're right. The Overall widget is still only showing the 7.1mi in 2013. I was distracted by the 12.3 in the weekly / monthly.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

theyapper

On the road again...

It's no biggie, I know what I've run. And once Eric figures it out, I'll pass lots of people in all the pink bunny chases I'm in. Big grin

Paul

A Saucy Wench

weird

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

The yearly distance is cached, whereas everything else is calculated on the fly.  I've seen instances where the yearly doesn't quite match up with the actual but I haven't been able to track down the problem.

If you remember, could you provide me with the exact list of actions you took, starting with uploading your workout from the GPS?

theyapper

On the road again...

I have a garmin 610. Went to upload workout, then selected the 5 mile run. I selected the workout type from the drop down list and clicked save.

The only difference I noticed from other times is that usually the prepopulated workout type already matches the workout scheduled for that day. This one didn't. Don't know if that means anything.

Paul

Did you click "Save All" on the import page then edit the saved workout from the workout list?  Or did you click the diskette icon next to the workout on the import page to edit the workout then click save from the workout editor?

I deleted the 2013 yearly cache.  To force a recalculation, open your last workout and then click save.  I'll continue the search for the cause.

Something is not adding up, no pun intended.  I'm getting conflicting data.  The workout's summary data is saying it came from the API, while the GPS data claimed it came from your Garmin 610.  There is one other workout that claimed to be from the API and I couldn't figure out how this is possible...  I would need more background info on this but at least I'm going in the right direction.

theyapper

On the road again...

I deleted the 2013 yearly cache.  To force a recalculation, open your last workout and then click save.  I'll continue the search for the cause.

Eric - I don;t know what this did, it it did the trick.  Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot.  Donation sent.

Paul

Eric - I don;t know what this did, it it did the trick.  Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot.  Donation sent.

Updating the cache is easy.  I'm trying to find the cause of the problem, which is still there.  It's an obscure bug because it happens very infrequently.

Thanks for the donation!