Foot injury (Read 67 times)

Hakurun

https://plus.google.com/102446755737220772518/posts/5baSj34V6TG?pid=6137093872563253186&oid=102446755737220772518

I ran a marathon on 11/16/2015, so nearly four months have passed with this going on. During the race a felt a slight crack, nothing that had an impact on the rest of the race. I ran again a few days later to be met with a dull pain in the photo above. After taking a break twenty day break from running, (only swimming and cycling) I still had the pain upon returning to running. I had an X ray and nothing showed up, then an MRI and was diagnosed with posterior tibialis tendonitis. After doing completing a six-week physical therapy program it's still present. I can run for about fifteen minutes and then the dull pain returns again, becoming more and more unbearable over time. I have no trouble walking on it, it's just present while running. Given that it isn't a common running injury I feel destitute, I'm even beginning to question if the diagnosis was correct. If anyone has had a similar experience or could lend some advice I would be greatly appreciate it.

vexil77

Sorry to tell you, you  may need to take more time  off from running,  to heal this. I had a foot injury fall of 2013 and after trying to  run through the pain, finally stopped completely for four months.  After having seen a podiatrist three times and orthopedists twice between January and October 2014, finally my primary care guy -- a nurse practitioner-- had me wear a black walking boot to immobilize it  from October till this past February,  and keep up with the physical therapy exercises I'd been given by the other guys, but to  limit walking, and zero running. I did ride an exercise bike during that time and continued some weights,  so kept in reasonable shape. I started back slowly  in February of this year, walking and running, and am doing my first 5k in over a year, tomorrow . I plan on a few more 5ks, and a half in October. It's kind of like my 1st year of serious running, again, I'm seven years older now though.  Now that I have my stamina back, working on getting faster. Good luck to you, give it some time.