Reason #163 why Elite Racing is a bunch of goofballs (Read 636 times)

xor

Today, my friend got an electronic coupon as a past participant of San Diego rnr. Register for Rock N Roll Arizona before 9/15, save 30 bucks. Cool. About an hour later, I got an electronic coupon as a future participant of San Antonio rnr. Register for Rock N Roll Arizona before 9/15, save 25 bucks. Yes, I know that multiple price points exist all over retail, especially internet retail, these days. Still sucks. BTW. The coupon code to save 30 bucks is SDVIP. I won't bother to tell you the coupon code to get a slightly crappier deal. Sigh.

Fat runner

I'd try BOVIP or NYVIP, see what kind of deal you get with those. Roll eyes
      Goals:
      Get weight down from 124kg to 100kg (currently 110kg)
      Survive 1st 10k: 7/09/08 1:01:36 - Second 10k 5/10/08 57:42
      Survive 1st HM: 26/10/08 2:06:04
      Must find new goals ...
        I only got one email yet I ran SD and am registered for SA Confused The $30 off wasn't really $30 off...it was save $15 and if you register before the cost goes up $15 after Sept 15, then you'll have, in theory, a $30 savings. clear as mud? How'd the $25 off work?

Jennifer mm#1231

xor

HA! I didn't notice that. I just read the top. My crappy deal is still just as crappy. I only really save 10 dollars. You only got one mail, but you got the better mail because you did SD. Plus you probably aren't evil. I have my moments.

Plus you probably aren't evil. I have my moments.
            HA! I only play nice here at RA. I keep my moments other places... Evil grin

Jennifer mm#1231

Imminent Catastrophe

The more I deal with the ER thing, the more I don't want to. It's like an infomercial. Next will be Billy Mays screaming at you to register for the R&R San Antonio. They do this because they know that a significant number of marathoners will get injured during training and forfeit the race fee. I am avoiding San Antonio Marathon for this reason, I'm soured on the whole Elite Racing thing. srlopez didn't say this, but he has negotiated a lot of Maniac discounts without all the BS and phony deadlines. Bravo Zulu.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

I used to negotiate those discounts... it was almost a full-time job! But I gave it up, and no one took over. Sorry, Maniacs. I had to spend time on other things. Elite is a trip, that's for sure.