Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

Beware, batbear...

Dead opossum always look so weird. Sometimes I have to stop to really check them out... they're all grinning and squishy...

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

Buffalo Gal Rides Again

Saw a dead possum on my run today being eaten (well..picked at) by a wild turkey. Just nasty.
      March: Irish Jig 5K (DONE), Kent City Ridge Run 5K (DONE) April: Iron Girl 5K (DONE), Kentucky Derby Half May: 5/3 (10K) July: Cherry Festival 15K August: Chicago Rock N Roll Half, Crim Festival of Races (10 miler) October: Grand Rapids Marathon (Half-Hometown Gig)

Another Passion

This:

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Best Present Ever

douches. several years ago, there were about a dozen by the side of the road. I would see t hem and wonder why they were there. They were eventually picked up with other trash. Just last week, in the same place, 2 appeared again.
          xor

The douche thing. Uh... do you happen to live in/near a neighborhood known for prostitution? I'm not trying to be mean with that question. I live a couple miles away from something called Aurora Ave, which for years was the strip known for the stereotypical 'skanky streetwalker hooker'. The stuff I find on the ground there includes condoms and a lot of douche. YIKES. HOWEVER. Check this out. Today on my run, I got chased by a dog for the first time in years. I also spotted a possum in a tree (not on the ground). What I did NOT see... but read about after my run... was the 250 pound black bear that may be roaming the area immediately around my house: http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_051809WAB-AP_black-bear-ballard-roaming-JM.1586829c.html The intersection noted in that story is 2 blocks away from my house. YIPE!

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Not on the ground but I did run with a deer once during an early morning run a few months back. Surprised Guy on bicycle startled him and he started running down the road. The deer apparently didn't notice me. But then I didn't notice him until I looked around to figure out where the clicking sound [from hooves] was coming from. The deer was close enough to pet. When he finally noticed me, Shocked he skidded to stop and ran other direction.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Best Present Ever

The douche thing. Uh... do you happen to live in/near a neighborhood known for prostitution? I'm not trying to be mean with that question. I live a couple miles away from something called Aurora Ave, which for years was the strip known for the stereotypical 'skanky streetwalker hooker'. The stuff I find on the ground there includes condoms and a lot of douche. YIKES. HOWEVER. Check this out. Today on my run, I got chased by a dog for the first time in years. I also spotted a possum in a tree (not on the ground). What I did NOT see... but read about after my run... was the 250 pound black bear that may be roaming the area immediately around my house: http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_051809WAB-AP_black-bear-ballard-roaming-JM.1586829c.html The intersection noted in that story is 2 blocks away from my house. YIPE!
                Prostitution? You'd giggle if you saw where I live. I can run 10 miles in the morning and not have more than 10 cars go past. I see cows and hear little birds singing and roosters crowing. I never get chased by dogs on my road (just happenstance that my nearest neighbors don't let their dogs run loose), but haven't seen a bear. There's a run I do about 30 miles west of my house, closer to the mountains, and bears are sometimes spotted around there. I've come on bears while hiking, though. Even when they're not being aggressive, they're scary.
                  What I did NOT see... but read about after my run... was the 250 pound black bear that may be roaming the area immediately around my house: http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_051809WAB-AP_black-bear-ballard-roaming-JM.1586829c.html The intersection noted in that story is 2 blocks away from my house. YIPE!
                  Last year, i posted that one night I saw a snake crossing the path and jumped over it. Then another night after my run I was doing my cool down walk when a black bear came out on the path about 50 yards ahead of me. I said "hey bear"! He turned and looked at me and turned away and kept about his business. When I told my son the story, he said, did you scream like a little girl when you saw the snake, Isaid "you bet I did"! I hate snakes, butbears don't bother me, I see them in my yard a few times and they will keep their distance as long as you don't bother them

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

xor

butbears don't bother me
                    Man, those are the WORST kind. Never turn your back on a butbear.

pid="3a322b5e9ac9472daee2d60a892059cd Then another night after my run I was doing my cool down walk when a black bear came out on the path about 50 yards ahead of me. I said "hey bear"!
                      Sounds like SNL Mark wahlberg "talkin with the animals" skit. ""Hey bear" ..."how you doin" ... "Tell your mother I said Hi!"

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

You Are Beautiful.

srlopez, Aurora Ave in Seattle? Def creepy. Not so bad now, I guess. I've heard some tales from friends who live in Seattle.

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
                        Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go. 

A Saucy Wench

OK, this was not seen on the ground nor was I actually running at the time.  My team meets on tuesday nights at a little parking lot by some trailheads for our run.  We were waiting for one of the other runners for quite awhile and just standing in front of a truck that had 2 people in it.  Next to the truck was a bright red RX8 that I recognized from the week before.

After we had stood there about 15 minutes the guy got out of the truck with a seriously pissed off look on his face and walked around to the other side to help the "lady" back to her RX8.  I am pretty sure this was supposed to be a *ahem* "business transaction" that didn't occur due to our presence. 

Wonder if we'll see them again next week.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Shit...is THAT what I have to do to get an RX-8?  Gah, that sucks. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Buffalo Gal Rides Again

I always see young fat pimply teens who shout at me "JOGGER!!" and then they proceed to race me to the end of the block at which point I pass them as they double over to catch their breath still laughing at me. Last month one of the teens had a banana and as he passed me he threw the banana at his buddy and laughed.

OK - this is clearly a Mid-Michigan experience and in now way reflects running in West Michigan.

March: Irish Jig 5K (DONE), Kent City Ridge Run 5K (DONE) April: Iron Girl 5K (DONE), Kentucky Derby Half May: 5/3 (10K) July: Cherry Festival 15K August: Chicago Rock N Roll Half, Crim Festival of Races (10 miler) October: Grand Rapids Marathon (Half-Hometown Gig)
                                Is there a companion thread to this one replacing seen with stepped on?

I stepped on a live rat.

Vim