Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

an amazing likeness

Oh, oh...I have one!  Last week...dead on the sidewalk... a headless dead skunk (ok...the 'headless' and 'dead' may be redundant) and right next to the headless-dead-skunk is a big honking dead owl.

Apparantly this owl and polecat didn't make it through the night.  All who witnessed the scene can't explain it.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I was running down the middle of the street in my neighborhood tonight and saw a furry critter that I thought was a cat. As I got closer, it turned out to be an opossum - which ran off into a neighbor's bushes. First one I've ever seen in Texas.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

xor

I was running down the middle of the street in my neighborhood tonight and saw a furry critter that I thought was a cat. As I got closer, it turned out to be an opossum - which ran off into a neighbor's bushes. First one I've ever seen in Texas.

That's because we scoop them possums up and eat them before you have a chance to see them.

I was carrying a trashbag to the dumpster at my first apartment in Washington state, when a "cat" fell out of the side of the trashbag.  I reached down to pick up the "cat".  Weren't no cat!  Possum.  Eeeeeeeeks.

dryicecubes

I can't say I have the weirdest thing, but the most strangest I ever saw was a fallen tree with a family of squirrels under it....wonder how they got there :P
          _a8e4a

Inappropriate
            Purdey

Self anointed title

May I politely suggest that you change your username?  Or leave.

Not feeding....

The shirtless wonder

May I politely suggest that you change your username?  Or leave.

I'm going to guess that is a classic internet Troll.  As they say, don't feed the Trolls.  Hopefully it isn't yet time for Eric to enable moderator features so we don't have to see that junk around here.

jfa

Peace. and Quiet.

Just yesterday during my run I found some peace and some quiet.

And it was good.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

A troll.

Yes, on my last run over a bridge, I saw a troll.

I looked around me very quickly to make sure I wasn't near any billy goats.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Not on a run but on today's bicycle ride - I saw a motorcycle rider on the ground.  Dude went down right in front of us.  Luckily he got up.  I hope he's ok.
                      "If I control myself, I control my destiny."
                        On today's run I saw a giant three-legged frog floating upside down in the gutter.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Not on a run but on today's bicycle ride - I saw a motorcycle rider on the ground.  Dude went down right in front of us.  Luckily he got up.  I hope he's ok.

Glad he didn't run into you guys.  I've had a few occasions out running in the Winter where I would have been toast had I been just a dozen or so yards ahead of myself.  That's kinda skeery.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've never seen so many dead snakes on the road and paved rail trail as I have this Summer.  I wonder if it's related to the cool Summer we're having...maybe that's increasing the # of snakes or they are crawling to the asphalt to get warm.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Glad he didn't run into you guys.  I've had a few occasions out running in the Winter where I would have been toast had I been just a dozen or so yards ahead of myself.  That's kinda skeery.

Luckily, he was on the other side of the road and stayed over there.

"If I control myself, I control my destiny."
                                I've never seen so many dead snakes on the road and paved rail trail as I have this Summer.  I wonder if it's related to the cool Summer we're having...maybe that's increasing the # of snakes or they are crawling to the asphalt to get warm.

I hate snakes, they give me the creeps and usually make me squeal.  I hadn't seen many this year (alive or dead) but in the past few weeks have seen a couple of dozen, most were dead, but saw a live one in the road yesterday (about a foot long) and last week, there was a huge one crossing the running path, probably about 4 feet.  The dude running towards me ran off the path to avoid it, the two people on bikes just stopped to let it go and by the time I got there, part of the path was clear and I ran by as f***ing fast as I could to get by it (his head was almost off the path on the other side).

Alive or dead, I can't stand them.

The past two Sunday's on my long run, I've chased a flock of Turkeys on the road.  I see a lot of Turkeys where we live, but it's the first times I've ever encountered them on my run and chased them down the road a bit before they finally figure out that I'm still coming at them and they divert off the wood into the woods.

Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"