Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

one time i saw a weave - like fake hair - on the curb. it rained that night, and moved close to the sewer drain but didn't quite make it, so it was there for like a month after i first spotted it. it was pretty nasty, but became a game...every time it stormed, i'd run by the next day and it would be several inches closer to the sewer. its like i was rooting it on...no pun intended....
    we like to call them tumbleweaves.
      we like to call them tumbleweaves.
      Tumbleweaves - I love it. I ran past an empty bottle of Patron while running tonight.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Another Passion

Ok, this isn't really weird or funny in and of itself, but yesterday morning I came across a discarded banana peel on the side of the road. As I ran by I looked down thinking to myself, "how cliche'", I can just hear the laughter as I tell my friends and family that the reason I am on crutches is because I slipped on a banana peel while out for a run! Big grin Then, yesterday afternoon, on the drive down to Virginia, I hear from my oldest daughter that while in school earlier that day, she ACTUALLY slipped on a banana peel in the hall and fell to the floor! Roll eyes

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

I run by a house that is for sale several times a week..... the agent is William Wallace. Makes me smile every time. http://www.williamwallace.ca JR
            Today I ran past a flying monkey that was standing on the ground. It was disguised as a turkey but I was not fooled.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Today I ran past a flying monkey that was standing on the ground. It was disguised as a turkey but I was not fooled.
              Shit...I just saw at least a dozen of those on the neighbor's lawn...I had no idea! Such devious bastards: I think I'm gonna go lock the door, now....

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Shit...I just saw at least a dozen of those on the neighbor's lawn...I had no idea! Such devious bastards: I think I'm gonna go lock the door, now....
                I see these at my aunt's house all the time. Wow, those things get around.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Next time I see wild turkeys on our lawn I'm going to yell at them "look, I know you're just flying monkeys in disguise--the jig is up!" I'm sure the neighbors won't question my sanity. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Next time I see wild turkeys on our lawn I'm going to yell at them "look, I know you're just flying monkeys in disguise--the jig is up!" I'm sure the neighbors won't question my sanity. Tongue k
                    Not a bit Zoomie. Wink

Rick
                    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Marathonmanleto

This is kinda gross, but I must tell. One tempo run last summer I'm crankin away when I notice a squirrel up ahead in the road with his head down licking the street. As I approach he runs off. Running over the spot I look down to see a freshly deposited green lung oyster--ooohh. It took a minute until I realized what it was. NASTY!
                        Tumbleweaves - I love it. I ran past an empty bottle of Patron while running tonight.
                        unbeWEAVEable!
                        2009: BQ?
                        Gig

I ran by a red Camarro in a driveway. It was getting peed on at the time.

Anyone have pizza?

This isn't weird but it was funny and almost tragic at the same time. The other day I and another runner nearly collided into each other at an intersection. I was headed east on Exeter Street and he was headed west on Continental Avenue. We came within inches of each other, and both of us came to a screeching halt.
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I ran by a red Camarro in a driveway. It was getting peed on at the time.
                              But...was it "bitchin'?" Big grin BITCHIN CAMARO, BITCHIN CAMARO I ran over my neighbors BITCHIN CAMARAO, BITCHIN CAMARO Now it's in all the papers. My folks bought me a BITCHIN CAMARO with no insurance to match; So if you happen to run me down, please don't leave a scratch. I ran over some old lady one night at the county fair; And I didn't get arrested, because my dad's the mayor. BITCHIN CAMARO, BITCHIN CAMARO Doughnuts on your lawn BITCHIN CAMARO, BITCHIN CAMARO Tony Orlando and Dawn When I drive past the kids, they all spit and cuss, Because I've got a BITCHIN CAMARO and they have to ride the bus. So you'd better get out of my way, when I run through your yard; Because I've got a BITCHIN CAMARO; And an Exxon credit card. BITCHIN CAMARO, BITCHIN CAMARO Hey, man where ya headed? BITCHIN CAMARO, BITCHIN CAMARO I drive on unleaded. I swear...I have seen that car around here... Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Probably not any more than they already do. Big grin
                                The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare. -- Juma Ikangaa, Tanzanian marathoner

Help to defeat Lou Gehrig's Disease. Please sponsor me in The Ride to Defeat ALS. I'm riding in memory of my dad.
                                http://runpebsrun.blogspot.com