Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

We don't have a WM, either--thankfully! I HATE WM. Our new Target 30 minutes away is awesome...it has a Starbucks in it, too. In fact, there are 3 Starbucks within 2 blocks...one in the Target, one in Barnes & Noble, and one freestanding Starbucks store. I think that's a little excessive. Tongue
    Actually, it isn't (from a business standpoint) - all three of those starbucks serve WILDLY different demographics. I read a book about them once where they pointed out that they could have a starbucks inside of a store like Target or Wal-Mart, and then have another one right next door and sharing the same parking lot, and both stores would do really well because of the different target markets. The people going to the free standing Starbucks are there to sit around inside and enjoy the atmosphere, which is what allows them to sell a 20 cent cup of coffee for $8. The people getting their starbucks in the store, though, are in more of a hurry and just want something that they can sip on while they shop and are moving around, the convenience of which is what allows them to sell a 20 cent cup of coffee for $8...see the drift?

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

gotorun

Road kill and boxers.
        Road kill and boxers.
        Together? Big grin
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Road kill and boxers.
          Boxer shorts or boxer dogs? I could see the dogs with road kill, actually...dogs will eat anything. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Gig

We've actually got a Starbucks inside another Starbucks. What demographic is that targeting, RtW? Black eye Ed really upped the ante. Now I'm seeking stuff out. BTW, how far did you have to run with a lantern in one hand and an espresso maker in the other?
              The people going to the free standing Starbucks are there to sit around inside and enjoy the atmosphere. The people getting their starbucks in the store, though, are in more of a hurry and just want something that they can sip on while they shop and are moving around
              We've actually got a Starbucks inside another Starbucks. What demographic is that targeting, RtW? Black eye
              Seriously. What demographic does that target? Those who are in a hurry and just want to sip on something while...they sit around and enjoy the atmosphere? Smile

Go Pre!

Starbucks you say? ... on my 8K tonight, I passed 4 Starbucks. AND that is not to mention 1 Second Cup, 1 Tim Hortons, (other coffee chains here in Canada) as wll as 4 independant upscale coffee houses. On my 9k run to work, it's almost double those numbers. Come to Toronto, you'll never be far from coffee! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

We've actually got a Starbucks inside another Starbucks. What demographic is that targeting, RtW?
                  I have no idea...that's screwy.

Run to Win
                  25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

About a month ago we came across a large exercise ball in the middle of the street early in the morning. It was very windy and had apparently been blown out off some neighbor's property down the hill into the road. We had no idea whose it was so we bounced it along for some time as we ran down the road and eventually put it in someone's yard. How did that exercise get outside the house in the first place? Don't people keep those things locked up tight? I also once came across a perfectly good Little People figurine toy in the road that was nowhere near homes. Picked it up, brought it home and gave it to my kid after my run. Put a smile on her face!

Burninated Peasant

About a month ago we came across a large exercise ball in the middle of the street early in the morning. It was very windy and had apparently been blown out off some neighbor's property down the hill into the road. We had no idea whose it was so we bounced it along for some time as we ran down the road and eventually put it in someone's yard. How did that exercise get outside the house in the first place? Don't people keep those things locked up tight?
                      Funny...one of my neighbors recently posted on the community bulletin board that their exercise ball disappeared from their front porch, where it was waiting to be washed after it was rolled in some dog poop inside...
                      Gig

Kirsten, I noticed your goals in your signature and stole the idea for myself. Big grin What a great way to remind yourself throughout the year. I had a really crappy day at work yesterday, and subsequently came within two seconds of my target five mile pace for 2008. I may need to revise that one. Angry
                        Kenotic Runner

Homeless guy in a sleeping bag talking on his cell phone.
                            Maybe not so weird, but scared the crap out of me, a three foot snake crawling across the path. About a week later, there was a large black bear in the path as well, didn't scare me like the snake did, I just stopped about 50' from him/her, said "HEY Bear" and it moved along off the path and into the woods.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Homeless guy in a sleeping bag talking on his cell phone.
                              That's awesome.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Head Procrastinator

A bag of troll dolls out on the curb. I wanted to take them to put in Geocaches but I had a few miles left so after my run I drove back to where they were, and they were gone Sad
                                ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats