Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I saw an old man dying by the roadside after he was hit by a speeding motorbike. It wasn't pretty. I stopped to help try and lift him into a car and take him to hospital. But it was too late. Cry
    Oh, eek...how did I miss this when it was posted. That's not weird, that's just really sad. Sad Do you know if they ever caught the guy on the bike.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Cause I CAN

all i ever see is roadkill
      Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
      http://terri7291.blogspot.com/
        A huge bag of weefer Shocked. Do ya think I stopped to pick it up? Wink
        PR's: 5k 19:34 2008 10k 41:05 2008 Half 1:34:34 2007 Marathon 3:29:49 2009 Up next, Spring Marathon NJ?
          Alright, I wasn't running. Passed out in a city park with a group of friends on a road trip. Next morning, a bunch of damn runners in some sort of race, right by our heads. As if our heads didn't hurt enough! I still wonder what they thought. It made me feel like such a slacker.

phzzzzzzzzzzz

The best thing I ever saw running: 40 bucks just lying there with no one around for miles. Cool. Unfortunately, underwear and used condoms are pretty common sites.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

all i ever see is roadkill
              I saw SO many squirrels yesterday...and a possum. At least those are sure signs that Spring is very near! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Monday morning.... 5:30am... I'm running north on a fairly busy street...... about 50 feet ahead of me I see a woman stop on the sidewalk turn so her butt is facing the houses and her face is towards the street. She drops her pants to her ankles and bends at the waist...... all of the goods are out there for anyone to see. I climb over the snowbank onto the street. As I run by she says in <insert> I couldn't hold my pee.</insert>
                  A kilo of cocaine. I was running along the shoulder of a 4-lane highway one morning and passed a plastic bag filled with a white powdery substance lying in tall grass alongside the shoulder. An hour later as I was returning, it was still there. There were two cops at a nearby Dunkin' Donuts (go figure! Smile), so I stopped and told them about it. They had me show them where it was. A few days later, one of them called me to tell me what I had found and to thank me for reporting it.

Bugs

I have found: 1 can of full beer A pliars (carried it back) Football My friend was running at the Y and saw something fly up against the window. She ran out in the cold and here it was $100 bill.

Bugs

I'm really hoping this just fell out of a trashcan since it's rather cold outside, but I saw one of those nipple-guard thingies for women who are breastfeeding. There are always used condoms in my neighborhood as well. For some reason, in the middle of a Saturday long run, the thought of those two things in the same area makes me chuckle.
                        Not weird, but on today's run, I spotted a $20 bill. I was so excited, I stopped and called my wife. Restarted, only to find a ten spot a few feet away! Called her again and forgot to restart the Garmin for about a mile. That'll fund some post Boston celebrating! My previous biggest haul was like $2 or $3.
                          Does a peeing homeless man count? This actually happened to me more than once while living in the City... Have a little self control!!!

2012 Goals: Get back into it after having a baby! Prep for a 1/2 marathon

I always see young fat pimply teens who shout at me "JOGGER!!" and then they proceed to race me to the end of the block at which point I pass them as they double over to catch their breath still laughing at me. Last month one of the teens had a banana and as he passed me he threw the banana at his buddy and laughed.

Bugs

I found my car key last night. I lost it and found it during my 15 mile run. Our little secret, DH thinks I'm ditzy enough.

Bugs

This is a sad one. I was out for a quick run this a.m. and about 5 minutes into it, DH warned me about a dog on the side of the road that we were on. It took me a few seconds to see it as it blended right in with the leaves and ground...kind of an overweight looking hound dog. It hardly moved, was just lying there looking as sad as could be. Then I realized why. It's "buddy" was about 20 feet away, on its side, dead. It was the saddest thing I've ever seen. You could almost read the dog's mind. I actually started tearing up and it took me awhile to stop. Geesh. Both dogs had tags on too, so I planned on calling the animal control. I've My leg's learned not to go up to dogs even when I think they're harmless. By the time I got back, though, they were both gone. *sigh*