Pepper Spray anyone? (Read 810 times)

Fly5k

I'd like to get a small can of pepper spray to carry with me while I run. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can buy it? I'm looking for a brand with a mixture of ultraviolet dye, tear gas, and pepper juice.

A Saucy Wench

I dont know about the teargas/dye combo, but you can buy pepper spray in most states anywhere you can buy ammunition (hunting supply stores, etc)

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

You can buy it online, or at a gun show. I know, gun shows are soooo exciting. But, you can talk to the vendor, and he can give you tips. That's where I bought mine.

- Anya

I've seen some Bear spray at hunting and fishing shows. I almost bought the Canon of all pepper sprays a 300ml can with a spray range of 30 feet. Then I thought, NAW the police would just arrest me for carrying it.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

fxdgear

I'd like to get a small can of pepper spray to carry with me while I run. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can buy it? I'm looking for a brand with a mixture of ultraviolet dye, tear gas, and pepper juice.
            Bike shops sell what is called HALT. Honestly though, you dont need it.

Imminent Catastrophe

On what basis do you say that? BTW Fly5k you can get it at an outdoor sports or gun shop. The combo stuff costs a little more, but it's your life after all.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Just this afternoon, my Mom asked me if I had pepper spray when I mentioned I was going for a run. I do, but I rarely need it, I told her - it really makes my eyes water! Shocked By the way, I found it still in its package after unloading a bus. Never had to buy the stuff.
                invisible

Some things are better to have and not need, than to need and not have.
                  90 percent of the game is not giving up.
                  Len

Damn Yankee

By something with OC (Oleoresin Capsicum); as close to 10% as you can find. The tear gas and UV dye are more marketing than anything else.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

This made me smile, cause i pictured a super tough guy trying to rob you and all of a sudden 2 seconds later he's on the ground crying his eyes out with pain. Tongue
                      "Some people create with words or with music or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop and say, 'I've never seen anyone run like that before.' It's more than just a race, it's a style. It's doing something better than anyone else. It's being creative." - prefontaine
                        Be careful that you know how to use it. Somebody shot my dog with bear spray this weekend (yeah... cause chocolate labs, wagging their tails, are SO frightening. Yes, she was off leash, in my front yard.) Anyway the guy who sprayed it got a nice healthy dose of it in his face, too. It's nasty stuff. All my dog did was walk by me and I started sneezing too.

Michelle

I bought mine at an outdoor shop. Have only had to use it once after multiple run ins with the same dog. I have encountered other dogs but I think having the spray with me alleviates my fear which I think the dogs can sense.

uncontrollable

I live in NH so of course there are plenty of 'gun n tackle' stores. That's where I get mine & it does have red dye in it. I always carry it with me. My husband would love me to get one of those guns that are small enough to fit on your garter belt (because I always wear that while running!) but I'm not up for that yet.

peace

Life is Good

here is a good resource for pepper spray http://buy.cheaperthandirt.com/peppersp_bgda.htm

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between