Nike Sports Band (Read 1329 times)

Doug Little

Has anyone seen or tried this. Not the Armband but the wrist band. Doug

over 9000!!!

Nike = overpriced junk that injects foolishness into what should be simple pleasurable running. Just freakin' run baby!
        Nike = overpriced junk that injects foolishness into what should be simple pleasurable running. Just freakin' run baby!
        That's a pretty broad statement. Nike does make some good products for serious runners. Tongue Like almost every other company out there, they also produce some junk.

over 9000!!!

i was messin round mostly... all those nike gadgets seem kinda deficient next to mine trusty ol garmin. ya thats right i am rockin the forerunner 101... $99 and it has lasted me 3 years with no probs.
          Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I guess I'd admit that I'm interested - I have a Forerunner 201 but it doesn't plug into any of my computers (unless I buy an adapter) and I don't think goes with my Mac. I'd be interested in something like this because it plugs right into the USB. I'm not really wanting a 305 and the 405 (whatever is the new one) doesn't have some of the features that I want so I'm not going to buy it. So, I'm interested in what else is out there. I know that Nike is "the man," etc., but I'm interested in the technology and if it actually has value. So, anyone know anything?

TRUST THE PROCESS

I have the nike plus- I am waiting until I have at least a year of not smoking and a year and a half of running before I will buy a garmin and the nike plus is my cheap replacement. It works well and the sports band is for people who don't have a nano (or at least that is the way I understand it) I have no idea how much it costs.
              Doug Little

So..it isn't foolish to be wearing a GPS unit to tell you where you are or have been? Each to his own, but please don't be so fast to toss stones at someone who just asks a simple question.
                i was messin round mostly... all those nike gadgets seem kinda deficient next to mine trusty ol garmin. ya thats right i am rockin the forerunner 101... $99 and it has lasted me 3 years with no probs.

over 9000!!!

So..it isn't foolish to be wearing a GPS unit to tell you where you are or have been? Each to his own, but please don't be so fast to toss stones at someone who just asks a simple question.
                  I said that I was just messin around....
                    Looks like they released it, $59 for the entire package of the "hospital id" band with USB key and the footpod. http://www.nike.com/index.jhtml#l=nikestore,home,_pdp,cid-1/gid-181290/pid-181290&re=US&co=US&la=EN Not selling on the Nike Site yet. Ill stick with my Garmin 205. Evil grin

Running Dad

I kinda like this.. my wife is getting into running and stuff and this seems like the perfect thing to help her keep track of her runs when she gets off the treadmill.. i wish they had it a few months ago.. i think i woulda gotten it for myself.
                      Things to do this year:
                      Not get an injury
                      Things done this year:
                      Bi-Lo 5k(Myrtle Beach) : 02.12.10 - 25:??
                      brandicted

spam