Is it time for new shoes? (Read 546 times)

RunningReporter

Hi there all, I've been running for a little over a half year, with a few breaks inbetween, and I was wondering if it's time for new shoes. I have about 220 miles on my current pair. They seem in good shape, just wondering how much longer it should be until I get a new pair.
      some folks get 300 or 500 out of there shoes... But those folks use there running shoes for only running and they usually have a second pair that they rotate in. If the shoes are 6 months old them perhaps they are done... especially if you wear them for things other than running... If you put them on the table and the still sit flat and they don't look all bent out of shape. If the bottom of the shoe and the heal don't look visibly worn down, then you are probably still ok to keep running on them. If you haven't started noticing new pains you hadn't had before. My last 2 pairs of shoes... one pair got bad after about 250 miles the other pair made it to about 325 before I noticed I should replace them.

Lia's Daddy

The standard is 350-500 miles but i think that varies for each individual. I think if you are getting weird new pains or discomforts it would be something to think about. I would expect to get more than 220 out of a pair of running shoes.
        "Stadiums are for spectators. We runners have nature and that is much better." Juha "the Cruel" Väätäinen

Lia's Daddy

The standard is 350-500 miles but i think that varies for each individual. I think if you are getting weird new pains or discomforts it would be something to think about. I would expect to get more than 220 out of a pair of running shoes.
          Of course I say this as I am currently nursing an injury that is probably directly related to running in a pair of shoes for too long!
          "Stadiums are for spectators. We runners have nature and that is much better." Juha "the Cruel" Väätäinen
          RunningReporter

Thanks for the help.