Accomplishments in 2006 (Read 1085 times)

I started running in late June/early July of 2006....Logged 300.3 miles by 12/31/06... Hoping to hit 1,000 miles this year; combo of biking and running, I'll go back and forth so as to remain injury-free...
    "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
      2006 was my most logged running year yet, LOL! Thanks to Running Ahead! I logged over 1170 miles Ran 3 half marathons with a pr of 1:48:31 Ran my first full marathon in 3:48:54 ... just 2:56 away from Boston Qualifying! Looking forward to doing my first ultra this year and hopefully BQing at the RnR 10 year Anniversary!

Jennifer mm#1231

In 2006, - In Jan, I decided to run a half-marathon with my brother and his now-fiancee. - I ran said half, even when my family dropped out around Jan 15th. - Continued running after the half. - Ran a second half, with little training because I expected to have to work that day. - ran two 5K's and a 10K. - Overslept and missed a 15K - and only realize it when I looked at my watch half-way there and saw I was exactly an hour late! - Recovered from IT Band problems. - Did not get brain-washed into running the Monkey Marathon or any other run over 13.1 miles. - Ran the 11.2 mile two weeks in a row with a bunch of monkey-brained banana-faced nuts. - Questioned my sanity more than once. - Had my sanity questioned even more frequently. - Won the RA Procrastinator's Award. - Moved across the street. - Completed another year of med school. (One year closer to you all needing to be really scared!) - Became comfortable riding a bike - on roads and trails.
          I started running for the first time in my life, at age 33, in 2006. Smile Kimmer
          My goal in life is to be as happy as I possibly can. - Me
            I started running for the first time in my life, at age 33, in 2006. Smile Kimmer
            My goal in life is to be as happy as I possibly can. - Me
              I lost 30 lbs. I started running again. I ran my first road race in 23 years (half marathon in September). I ran my first trail race.

You'll ruin your knees!

- Ran my first 100 mile trail race, finished 23:02. - Ran my first multi-day race (48 hr - 117 mi) - didn't care for the asphalt! - Virtually met lots of nice folks here, inspired by many - Personally met and ran with a virtual friend (and mentor) from another running forum Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

- my wife and kids did not kill me.
                  Chris UK

* Started running * Enjoyed running * Continued running

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM