Educate me about the retail shoe industry... (Read 516 times)

Half Fanatic #846

So a month or two ago, RW reccomended a "Best Buy" cushioned shoe - the new Reebok Premier Fusion II. Recently I noticed that Sports Authority (national chain) has a sale on them - buy one & get the 2nd pair half off (but just on their internet site, because the local SA stores don't carry it). OK, I try to order two pairs and the discount will be automatically applied before checkout. BUT, there is only ONE pair in my size (12) available. Does this mean in their whole inventory? Or just what they are able to come up with currently? Or is it a gimmick? Has no one purchased a size 12 Fusion II from SA in the past week? - they still have "1 pair available". Then I go to a Reebok authorized site (Store.Reebok.com) to see what they have, and they have ONE size 12 pair available. In the whole....??? Is this just bad luck on my part? Confused I'm no longer interested in a purchase, but wondered if anybody out there can explain "how this works"? Thanks!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!