How did you beat your lip balm addiction? (Read 645 times)

Wish I was joking here, but I'm not. I am sick of being a slave to my lips. I know the only answer is probably "cold turkey" But, there is no way I can go running with dry, naked lips. I actually don't even use chapstick anymore... I use Mac lip glass... It's the only thing that stays on my lips.. Everything else just absorbs and disappears...Someone posted somthing once about Lanolin. I've never seen it sold in the store..hmmm.... My husband does not use anything at all and his lips are perfect...I need to kick before we go to Alaska this June. Any suggestions? Check out this website. http://www.lipbalmanonymous.com/addict.html

- Anya

I use lip balm on occasion, but I normally do not need it. I'm sure if I ate certain foods or lived in certain areas of the country, I'd probably use it more. Most of the people I've met who used lip balm excessively usually were on psychoactive drugs... they also had severely chapped lips. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- OT: LIP Gloss I do not understand how some women use lip gloss... some of that stuff is nasty... I guess that keeps them from licking their lips. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vim

Now for a constructive comment: Lanolin at CVS A superior first-aid treatment for the whole family. Use it on dry, cracked skin, chapped lips, diaper rash and any other minor cuts, burns and abrasions.

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep, Lansinoh is good stuff. Not cheap, but you wouldn't need much at all. I'm a HUGE fan of the Burt's Bees beeswax lip balm. And I don't think there's anything wrong with using it if you're dealing with dry lips. I have to use it a lot in the Winter, but not as much the rest of the year. I also have to use hand lotion a lot more...the air is just plain dry. Do you have a humidifier in your home? That should also help to lessen your need for lip balm. Drinking plenty of water is also good--hydrating from the inside.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Big Chicken!

I'm not addicted. I can stop anytime I want to. I just don't want to. It helps me relax, that can't be a bad thing. I sleep better at night with it. Clowning around
            Kris C Running away from the couch one mile at a time!
              I think I'll pick some Lansinoh up today at lunch. I need something to ween myself off the crackstick. Blush Thanks guys !

- Anya

HOSS1961

I just stopped using it on my lips unless it is summertime and I am running in the hot part of the day.
                HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured
                  Lansinoh update: I did buy it yesterday. It does not have a bad taste, and stays on my lips for at least 2 hours. I am trying to only apply after eating or showering.. We'll see. But, so far, I am very , very pleased. Big grin

- Anya

Kings Canyon NP 07'

My plan has been, I have forgotten to bring it along for months, and the darn kids keep taking it from my car.

left-right-left-right-repeat

I think that was probably my post about the Lanolin you mentioned from a few days ago. It is GREAT for all kinds of stuff. My mother had a tube of it for YEARS that she used on her lips when I was growing up. Now that I have kids, I have a tube, too, and it'll probably last till they are adults. Like Zoomie said, it's not cheap, but you only need a tiny amount of it and it lasts a really long time. I love to use it before bed, and it stays on all night, and it's great for dry hands too. Glad it's working for ya! Just my two cents... Smile
                        Thanks so much Anna. I've tried everything, from A&D ointment, to neosporin, etc etc... This works well. No bad taste. Much better than vasoline, which evaporates right away. I still need to break my addiction. My lips have not been naked in years. But, I'm going to use this stuff to wean myself off the other stuff. And, I'm trying real hard to just use it after eating , brushing teeth etc. Thanks again!

- Anya