Best and Worst Beaches in the US (Read 655 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sister Bay Beach in WI is in my home town--it's really not all that exciting a beach by any stretch of the imagination. But the Grand Haven, MI beaches are gorgeous (as are pretty much all the beaches along this side of MI). The second "American Pie" movie was set in a fictionalized version of GH (the film writer is from Grand Rapids, so a TON of those movies make references to things in our area--stuff that only the natives would notice). k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Is that the sign in front of the tourist info. cabin? My grandpa manned that office for many years (and if people think I'm chatty they need to meet Winfield--holy crap could he talk). When I was in town in June I made certain to take Dane there. I was SO happy to meet the guy who was working that day. He was almost like my grandpa reincarnated. So friendly...it was really a treat. k

~ Sarah Kay

madness baby

Pensacola Beach, Florida Snow white beaches and clear emerald water. *dreams*
        deb
          I haven't met a beach I didn't like. Since I grew up in Florida, I'm sort of partial to those.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Prophet!

beach ? what is that ???

madness baby

Steve, since you're not familiar, this is a beach: But, that's no Hawaii. That's the Redneck Riviera's finest. And they don't have earthquakes. But, I guess there was (and still is) Ivan. Sad
              deb

madness baby

Just saw the link to the story. Mmm, Kill Devil Hills. I agree, I've never met a beach I didn't like. Well, some beaches in New England are awfully rocky to me, but at least the water's nice!
                deb
                  I've only been to two - NJ and MD. MD is my favorite of those.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here is one of our favorite beaches during the Winter: Last Summer with the dids and my nephew: Dash takes a break from zoom-zoom'in at Duck Lake State Park (early Spring '06)...best beach in MI, IMO: Behind the car is the little channel where Duck Lake feeds into Lake MI. Duck Lake is to the right, the big lake is to the left:

~ Sarah Kay

btb1490

Well, some beaches in New England are awfully rocky to me, but at least the water's nice!
                      Here is one of our favorite beaches during the Winter:
                      Here's one of those rocky New England (sort of) beaches in the winter. Took this at the end of my street at the end of one of my runs. Same beach recently during an approaching storm.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bob, that boulder is really neat! We get a lot of photographers who do year-round photos of the lighthouses in the area. It's amazing to see them coated in ice in Feb., then 6 months later surrounded by people in bathing suits. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

btb1490

Bob, that boulder is really neat! We get a lot of photographers who do year-round photos of the lighthouses in the area. It's amazing to see them coated in ice in Feb., then 6 months later surrounded by people in bathing suits. Smile k
                          It's neat living in an area with a change of seasons like that. To get some scale as to the size of that big boulder, here's the mutt in front of that smaller boulder in front of it. The smaller one is about 6 ft tall. The big one is about 12 feet tall. Same big boulder looking in the opposite direction.
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Man, that looks like MI, only with big rocks instead of tons of sand. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

btb1490

Man, that looks like MI, only with big rocks instead of tons of sand. Smile k
                              I'll take the sand any day! Your beaches look wonderful! What's unique about the area I am in is that on one side of the island, it's all rocky and has cliffs and hills, yet just a few miles across on the other side of the island, it's flat and has nice sandy beaches.