1600/3200 Track shape (Read 384 times)

Good luck with your tryout!

Btw, are you trying to peak to make the team?  Those workouts, along with cutting mileage will lead to peaking.   You don't necessarily have to reduce your mileage as much. A [perhaps better] alternative is just making sure you run very easy on your non-workout days.  I only mention this because if you do make the team, and I hope you do, you need will likely need to reboot your endurance.

KD.. I'm guessing that this is where he is based on his current fitness. I would guess between 1610-1620 for 5k? And maybe to the lower end of that.

Those sound like some pretty good and tough workouts.

The times that you are targeting, are those given to you by the coach? Are those supposed to be target times for a 9:00 min 3k or are those times based on your 16:37 5k?

I agree that a partner can really help!

Keep at it!

-Kelly

And we run because we like it
      Through the broad bright land

Just a dude.

KD.. I'm guessing that this is where he is based on his current fitness. I would guess between 1610-1620 for 5k? And maybe to the lower end of that.

I was just asking because it looks like he's had to cut his workouts a bit short, or had to modify the rest to finish them. Looked like maybe he was just a bit over his head.

9 minute 3k converts to what, like a 15:45-16:00 5k?

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape...