'splain this to me... (Read 994 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Why do they make armbands for the iPod Shuffle...which is a clip that can be stuck anywhere on a person's clothing or even on a hat? Confused

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

Because someone will buy them for an outrageous price and they already have them for the other ipods so the cost to the iPod conglomerate is something along the lines of $0.23 Pure profit baby

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

ultramarathon/triathlete

I 've wondered that too. And I've seen people using the arm band. MAYBE they dislike the clip (it can run against your skin a bit, but then, if you move it an inch or so every couple miles you're fine). It is probably just a money maker.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
        Gatorade Endurance Team

Are you sure the armbands are for the Shuffle? I thought people buy them for the Nano.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

The Greatest of All Time

The original shuffles didn't have a clip. They sort of looked like a Lick-a-Stick (remember that candy? The two white sticks and the three pouches of pure colored sugar?). Are they for that model?
            all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Giants Fan

I agree, I think those armbands are for the Nanos--which I have and they don't have a clip. I love my Nano, would never trade down for a shuffle, like setting my playlist depending on what I want to do for run. CC

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nope, I have seen armbands for the Shuffle, too. Seems kind of redundant, IMO.

~ Sarah Kay

I agree, I think those armbands are for the Nanos--which I have and they don't have a clip. I love my Nano, would never trade down for a shuffle, like setting my playlist depending on what I want to do for run. CC
                  I bought a refurb shuffle from Apple's web site. I figured the built-in clip wouldn't be sufficient for alot of running, so I bought a cheap arm band along with it. Needless to say, I have never used the arm band. And yes it is made for the newer model. It has a spot on the band to clip under. It's really dumb. The one time I tried it out, it actually was a huge hassle trying to figure out what to do with the extra 2 feet of wires from my headphones that usually tuck into my shorts. I think mainly people buy them as a package deal online without knowing they don't need it.

ultramarathon/triathlete

nope, the arm bands we are referring to are for the SHUFFLE. I've had a nano and a 1st generation shuffle. I know what I'm seeing. It's a new nano.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                    Gatorade Endurance Team

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I tell ya', part of me wishes my 2nd gen. Nano would die. It's a PITA to clip on my waist because it doesn't always sit well on some bottoms. And I don't care for the armband, either. The day that sucker dies I'm getting a Shuffle. 90% of the time I stick to a single playlist until I get tired of it or the Nano needs recharging, then I can upload something new, anyhow. I never really use the screen.

~ Sarah Kay

I love my ipod nano and I dread the day it bites the dust, but I am a little curious about upgrading. Something with a screen would be nice. Yes

Michelle

I have the mid-sized, full fledged video edition (now called the classic????) that I love, especially for all the travelling I do. I have some tv shows and other video stuff on there that is great for when I'm on a plane and have read everything I brought with me. PLUS, I've used it to entertain screaming/crying/kicking my seat kids so that we could have some peace & quiet. I got this one after a kid stole my previous iPod from my briefcase at school. At that time, the video iPods were so new that they didn't have cases for them under about $50, so I didn't have one for the longest time. However, it's pretty heavy to run with, so I think I'm treating myself to a shuffle. Now, what color.....? Decisions, decisions.
                            I use an armband with my shuffle because I like having the controls right in front of me.
                              Why do they make armbands for the iPod Shuffle...which is a clip that can be stuck anywhere on a person's clothing or even on a hat? Confused
                              If they make...people will buy it...plain and simple. I use my shuffle only for running. I load it up with some podrunner mixes and a handfull of songs, (check out http://www.katevoegele.com/Kate Voegele), clip it to the front of my amphipod belt and off I go. Apple did a good job with this version of the shuffle. Bob

Top 'O the World!

I love my ipod nano and I dread the day it bites the dust, but I am a little curious about upgrading. Something with a screen would be nice. Yes
                                just fyi: I LOVE my new Classic 80G!
                                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group