Cheater Nearly "Wins" Singapore Marathon (Read 273 times)

Turbolegs

That was my first thought as well. I mean I know it's not even a real country but c'mon man!

Thought i would chime in since i live in Singapore. Mok Ying Ren is a student doctor who a couple of weekends back set the Singapore Half Marathon record in 1:07:XX at the Ageo race in Japan (where he placed 300th, world's most competitive HM). See this for your reading pleasure. He is running the full marathon again in 2 weeks time representing Singapore at the ASEAN games so he was running this as a kinda training/long run. PB is something like 2:26:XX .

Not too many great marathon training camps here - in the sense that terrain is limited, no mountains for altitude training etc etc so you would have to necessarily go abroad to train comprehensively. Number of sub-3 marathon Singaporeans is probably under 10.

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

LeighDS

Live Free & Run

Why on God's green earth would you want a medal and shirt from a race you didn't even really run? Just buy someone's medal from them as it would essentially be the same thing.

Maybe I think differently but I would NEVER even think about claiming a medal or shirt from a race I didn't finish. Hell I don't even wear the race shirt until AFTER I finish. (I have this weird superstition about that).

PRs

1-Mile - 6:18 on 4-4-2015

5K - 21:48 on 10-31-2015

10K - 47:57 on 10-24-2015

HM - 1:52:36 on 3-25-2017

FULL - 4:41:12 on 1-11-2015

Upcoming Races

Tanger Outlet 5K

Disney World 19.3 Challenge

Race the Runways 10K

GC100k

Why on God's green earth would you want a medal and shirt from a race you didn't even really run? Just buy someone's medal from them as it would essentially be the same thing.

Maybe I think differently but I would NEVER even think about claiming a medal or shirt from a race I didn't finish. Hell I don't even wear the race shirt until AFTER I finish. (I have this weird superstition about that).

The thrift shop had medals from my local marathon for 50 cents, just do that.

Didn't seem like this guy wanted to "win", he was just clueless.

I spent a day in Singapore.  It has its appeal, but being right on the equator and an expanse of concrete, it ain't Boulder Colorado for runners.

"... he finished Sunday's race several minutes ahead of Singapore's finest distance athletes in a time of 2hr 46min."

That's as fast as they've got in Singapore??

To those who think they can do better in Singapore, and since there easy prize money to be won, why not come over and do it. I love to cheer you guys on to a sub 2:50 FM!

www.runningsucks.blogspot.com

And don't drop your gu package on the street. You're liable to be caned or killed for littering.

Oh no, here in Singapore we no longer do something so mundane. We cut off the hands of those who throw their gel package on the street and those who toss their drink bottles, hell, we just castrate them and put the bottle in its place!

www.runningsucks.blogspot.com

aponi

never runs the tangents

Pedestrian. He's got nothing on Kip Litton.

^ this

Kip Litton set the standard

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Kip Litton set the standard

I've been wondering what Kip has been up to lately.  Suppose he has taken on the name, Tam Chua Puh?

GC100k

I've been wondering what Kip has been up to lately.  Suppose he has taken on the name, Tam Chua Puh?

How dare you compare this clueless amateur to the great Kip Litton.