World Indoor Championships (Read 879 times)

Lagat's acceleration is obviously world class but his positioning and tactics are phenomenal. He had this thing won from 600m out when Choge went to the front. Farah lost focus and found himself pinned to the inside and couldn't recover. Terrific racing.

Lagat's acceleration is obviously world class but his positioning and tactics are phenomenal. He had this thing won from 600m out when Choge went to the front. Farah lost focus and found himself pinned to the inside and couldn't recover. Terrific racing.

Yeah - but also I think he's perfectly suited to 3000m and that kind of tactical awareness counts more on the tight indoor track. 

I think he'll find it harder come the Olympic 5000.

Feeling the growl again

One thing I've always admired about Lagat is his racing IQ.  He's just very, very good.  Age is catching up...but in championship races, the pace is often so far from what the best are capable of that tactics can keep one in it long after the ability to run records has faded,  And Lagat's speed does not appear all that faded yet.  I would not bet against him.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills