Really not a fan of the running skirt on women. (Read 2251 times)

Hawt and sexy

See, if you like matching outfits on men, you have to beat Keith Strawn. He lives somewhere in PA. It's fairly easy to spot him in a race. He usually has on a pink shirt and shoes, one of his pink tutus, and a wand. He's pretty easy to get along with.

I'm touching your pants.

xor

"Keith Strawn"

Keith Straw, no n.  And he lives in a Philly suburb, although he's English.

In addition to being "pink tutu guy", he's a fairly interesting ultra runner... and last I checked, the current leader in the 2010 Trail Runner Mag series. Which is cool.

I ran with him for about half of the Seattle Marathon last year.  I asked for pointers on painting my shoes pink.  I was expecting some bizarre, intricate process because his shoes looked good and seemed breathable.  Nah.  Krylon.

I don't know what I was thinking. Here I thought it would be funny, but it turns out I am just a creepy, old, gay, loner who dresses poorly when I race.

You're 37, you're not old.

Bloody peasant.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Hawt and sexy

Straw. Sorry. But he's also a sweetie and gives free hugs.

I'm touching your pants.

Alone?

teehee

ok give Skeeter a break. i know it's not very PC - but I've come to realize that Army people refer to EVERYTHING as gay, and they don't mean anything by it. Their cereal in the morning is gay, their best friend is gay, their favorite T-shirt is gay. It's just a word. just probably a poor choice in this context... 

CaliforniaGirl

You're an ass.

Sarah for the win. Ding!

The mind is everything. What you think you become. ~Buddha

xor

teehee

ok give Skeeter a break. i know it's not very PC - but I've come to realize that Army people refer to EVERYTHING as gay, and they don't mean anything by it. Their cereal in the morning is gay, their best friend is gay, their favorite T-shirt is gay. It's just a word. just probably a poor choice in this context... 

Well that makes it ok then, as long as they don't mean anything by it.

srl i get your point - habits die hard i suppose

It ain't just the Army. Heck, Will and Grace used the word gay as in well, whatever you want gay to mean that's not 1. homosexual or 2. joyously giddy or whatever it meant in the Gay 20s. It's one of those malleable words.

One Juan Williams will probably now also be hesitant to use.

I rode the elevator w/ Keith Straw at Boston. I commented on his shoes. He was nice. I was in my kilt. No spankies.

Photos?

Amy

xor

Photos?

Of?

Hawt and sexy

Kilt, no spanks. Not necessarily in that order.

I'm touching your pants.

obiebyke

Well that makes it ok then, as long as they don't mean anything by it.

Thanks, srl!

I don't think Skeet needs a break. She's pretty tough. Not using "gay" as a negative anymore won't scar her too bad. Why more worried about a marine than gay/lesbian/bisexual/trans kids who have to hear that every day?

You guys know I'm usually in on the fun--that one just smarts a bit, especially with the stuff in the news.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

xor

Ok, but let's focus on the other aspect (and perhaps porpoise) of Brat's response.

MC Skeeter is an Armywoman, not a Marine mammal.

obiebyke

You're right srl. My bad. Armywoman it is. I apologize for visualizing her as a Mariness.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)