Do you look for yourself in the sports section? (Read 829 times)

I mean the little teeny print for the small local races, where placing in your age group is a given, because you showed up? Is it wrong to seek Teeny Print Glory?

A Saucy Wench

I never thought of doing that, but my running p was told by someone that she was in the paper for a 10K she did last week. Who knew! I dont think I have any local races left this year.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I look every time! I'm still surprised to see my name connected with anything related to running! Wink
          I think they would only put me in the sport comedy section (If there is one).......if that were the case, I might not see it, but my wife and kids would be quick to read it an point my name out to me.... Cool If you are in for realll...read it and enjoy it and show it to your friends....

Champions are made when no one is watching

SMART Approach

I have been featured several times in the past in our papers when I was a local health and fitness professional, but I still look for the glory and when I place in local races. When I won $10,000 in national fantasy football league I sent a press release to the paper and they used an old photo of me from the past and put me on the front page. I love it! I also find the cameras when local TVs are interviewing. My wife tells me I am nuts and too vain. Hey, I like the cameral and like the print. Call me geek if you want!!!!!

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Giants Fan

No but my dh does. I think its kinda nice though. I say relish whatever glory you get!!

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

325th place or bust!

What is this newspaper thing you speak of?

PR: 5K 22:41, 10K 51:05, HM 1:59, Sprint Tri: done!

Blindside -- you mean there's a life without a daily newspaper? (aroo? Confused) OK, so I finally got in the teeny print yesterday after, oh, about 7 races this spring. yay me! Yes

Feeling the growl again

Only in the Globe after placing well at Boston. It took me an hour to find a copy the next morning Sad

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Heck no! Not only would I look, I'd have scissors in hand while looking! Big grin