A NEW GAME ! (Read 714 times)

Coach

I'll start a story and we'll see where it goes. The rules are: You can only add one sentence. Don't be rude or crude Try to post quickly so that the story stays in order. Here we go ! David's wedding to Arianna was that afternoon and he decided to go for a early morning long run in the forest outside of town.
    My Blog: http://jbcoaching.blogspot.com/ Marathons run: S.F., Boston, St. George, M. of Aviation, Salt Lake City Ultra's run: Big Horn, Squaw Peak, Lean Horse,
      So he went to the ice cream store to carbo load.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Coach

An after a treat he headed up his favorite trail.
        My Blog: http://jbcoaching.blogspot.com/ Marathons run: S.F., Boston, St. George, M. of Aviation, Salt Lake City Ultra's run: Big Horn, Squaw Peak, Lean Horse,
        Kenotic Runner

The trail was a 12-mile lollipop loop he had run only once before and that was in summer, not winter and there was a bit of snow still on the trail.
            The snow made for dangerously unstable footing.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Coach

While about 6 miles out of town, he rounded a corner and was startled by a grizzly bear.
              Kenotic Runner

He slipped and turned his ankle under.
                  He fell on his face and the bear approached.

~Mike

Slow-smooth-fast

He realised that he had slipped on a frozen lake, and he was merely looking at his reflection and due to the rough last few weeks he did not look too good.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

obiebyke

His beard was growing out in patches. But worse, his ankle was throbbing.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

2008 Philly Trifecta

His mind overrode the fear and pain..."I must get in my long run this week" David said, as he rose to his feet with new found strength and determination.

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
                        2008 Philly Trifecta:
                        10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
                        Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
                        Philly Marathon-11/23
                        "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

You could see it in his eyes. Some switch had been flipped. He was going to give 101%, bear or no bear.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

He sprinted away from the bear, his cadence approaching 180.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

HOSS1961

But the bear took up the chase!
                              HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured

jfa

"If I can stay ahead of that stupid Pace Bunny at the 1500 mile club",he thought,"I can out run this fat bear"!