Upcoming DFW Area Races (Read 1082 times)

Here are the upcoming races that I'm signed up for: Butterfly Boogie 10k on June 16th. Race report here. DRC Independence Day 5k on July 7th. El Scorcho 25k on July 15th. Race report here. Too Hot to Handle 15k on July 21st. Race report here. Marathon 2 Marathon on October 13th. Not DFW area but still Texas. Race report here. The Half on November 4th. Ultracentric 6 hour event on November 18th. On the serious consideration list: Dallas White Rock Marathon Full or Half - Undecided on the distance yet - on December 9, 2007. Cowtown Marathon on February 23, 2008.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Imminent Catastrophe

For something really different, there's El Scorcho 25k/50k on July 21st. Starts at midnight! BTW I Bonkin I love the "Max Headroom" avatar!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Can you keep updating this in the future... the DFW thread 15K at 7:30 in July? Man, that's going to be hot. Evil grin modal

Vim

For something really different, there's El Scorcho 25k/50k on July 21st. Starts at midnight! BTW I Bonkin I love the "Max Headroom" avatar!
          Thanks, Russ. That looks like fun (the 25k anyway) but I already paid for the 15k for that morning and I doubt after 15k I'd feel like running a distance farther than my couch to my pool. I'll have to remember this one for next year though!

Can you keep updating this in the future... the DFW thread 15K at 7:30 in July? Man, that's going to be hot. Evil grin modal
            Certainly, be glad to update it. BTW, it shouldn't be much hotter than 85 or 90 by 9am Shocked- plus based on the starting location (Winfrey Point) and the distance - it sounds like the course will go completely around the lake staying near the water - that and the wind out to make it bearable.

You checked out the FWRC Watermelon Run 5K & Relay. Smile It's on Sunday Sad. Hearing about a 25K in July, even if it does start at midnight, sounds extremely nauseating. Tight lipped

Vim

You'll ruin your knees!

That's my next DFW area race! Mike, this is the first year for this race...can never do a first time race except for the first time! You ought to do it anyway...forget the 15K...the loop format will provide lots of opportunity to interact with the front/back of the packers throughout the race! Lot's of fun! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

You all better sign up for that Scorcho soon! IT looks like they have about 90 slots left Website says "The field is limited, so register early and often." After that race, you can make a pitstop and refuel at The Old South Pancake House on University.

Vim

You checked out the FWRC Watermelon Run 5K & Relay. Smile It's on Sunday Sad. Hearing about a 25K in July, even if it does start at midnight, sounds extremely nauseating. Tight lipped
                    The watermelon race sounds fun!

Burninated Peasant

For something really different, there's El Scorcho 25k/50k on July 21st. Starts at midnight!
                      This is my next one. I'll only be doing the 25k though - I'll have a hard enough time with the heat at that distance. Plus my wife's due date is 10 days later, so I figure if I commit myself to 2 hours rather than 5-6, I might have a smaller chance of being interrupted in the middle of the run by a phone call... I haven't signed up for any others, but here are a few that I'm looking forward to: Labor Day 15k September 3 (Fort Worth) Tour des Fleurs 20k September 22 (Dallas - White Rock) Double Trouble 5k/10k October 20 (Grapevine) Rockledge Rumble November? (Grapevine/Flower Mound) - I don't know if/when they are planning on doing it this year, but if they do it, I'm there Bonkin - I'm looking forward to hearing how the Butterfly Boogie goes. I was thinking of doing that one, but ended up with other commitments that weekend. I'd consider it for next year though.

Burninated Peasant

Noticed this after posting - El Scorcho's on July 15th, not the 21st. That gives you most of a week to recover, Bonkin!
                          That's my next DFW area race! Mike, this is the first year for this race...can never do a first time race except for the first time! You ought to do it anyway...forget the 15K...the loop format will provide lots of opportunity to interact with the front/back of the packers throughout the race! Lot's of fun! Lynn B
                          I suspect this is part of your insidious plan to get me hooked on trail/ultra running. Against my better judgement, I've filled out the registration form and am heading over there today at lunch to turn it in.

Noticed this after posting - El Scorcho's on July 15th, not the 21st. That gives you most of a week to recover, Bonkin!
                            Yeah - I noticed that after I had posted earlier. I'm signing up for the 25k as well. Looking forward to meeting you and Lynn both.

With 5 weeks to prepare, I am going to put in for this Scorcho One also.

Vim

With 5 weeks to prepare, I am going to put in for this Scorcho One also.
                                Sweet! That makes 4 of us. Derek? Are you in to make it 5? I'm sure this would be a good replacement for one of your long runs in your Chicago training.