Forerunner 210 backlight time-out (Read 76 times)

day after day sameness

Anyone found a way to change the backlight time-out on the Forerunner 210?  Just wondering if I've missed something....there's nothing in the manual about it, so I assume no-can-do.

Choosing my words carefully has never been my strength I've been known to be vague and often pointless

I don't think there is a way...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

I don't think there is a way...

+1

checked the firmware history too, no mention.

My wife says i have a short attention spanners are great, aren't they?

day after day sameness

Yeah...I didn't think so. Thanks for confirming. Runs are starting to finish in the dark as fall starts arriving...so backlight quick timeout something I just started to notice. I skimmed the firmware readme notes and didn't see it, so thought I'd throw the question out.

Choosing my words carefully has never been my strength I've been known to be vague and often pointless

if you look at BBECKER39's responses in this thread there's a fix available (originally for 110 but also applies to 210) that disables the backlight time-out, allowing you to turn the backlight on & off manually.  i've tried it out on my 210 & it works fine Smile

My wife says i have a short attention spanners are great, aren't they?

day after day sameness

if you look at BBECKER39's responses in this thread there's a fix available (originally for 110 but also applies to 210) that disables the backlight time-out, allowing you to turn the backlight on & off manually.  i've tried it out on my 210 & it works fine Smile

Wanted to circle back to thank you for this reference to the patch on the Garmin support.

Without this backlight 'always-on' change, the FR210 is a pain for intervals in the dark...Disapprove