ugh. ipod shuffle... lasts a whole 40 minutes. (Read 659 times)

damn thing is dead the first time I use it. Argh. Charged it, ran 5 miles... and then it dies. I presume it shorted out or something. It won't show any lights, it no longer takes charge, and no longer appears on itunes window. I've read the manual and it appears there is nothing more I can do but return it. I tried restarting computer. I tried other USB ports... I get nothing. I thought these things were supposed to be able to be used while running. It seems I may have gotten sweat on it so it broke. I can't think of any other thing that could have happened. Any other suggestions?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That doesn't sound right. I sweat like a horse and have run in pouring rain with mine. Battery lasts for days (and recharges VERY fast). Sounds like you got a bum one.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

That doesn't sound right. I sweat like a horse and have run in pouring rain with mine. Battery lasts for days (and recharges VERY fast). Sounds like you got a bum one.
        I agree. I would challenge Zoomy to a sweat-off any day, and I too have run with mine in downpours. Methinks you bought a lemon... return it and I'm sure you'll be happy with the replacement.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Imminent Catastrophe

Sounds like it's faulty. Mine's taken abuse worse than that and is still fine (I had to let it dry out after a hot tub incident). Rinse it out good under the tap or submerge it then let it dry in case salt got in there. If it's still not working, return it. I've never had any problem with Apple (they gave me a new laptop after mine had problems).

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

ud32

If it is wet put it in a bowl of dry uncooked rice - it sucks all the moisture of out of things.