Mens 400 Final: Place Your Bets! (Possible Mens 200 Spoiler) (Read 538 times)

Just Be

Who do you think will take down Michael Johnson's world record? Merritt? Wariner? Someone else? I have a strong feeling that his last remaining record will fall.
    JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

If Bolt is still running his 200 at that time then I bet he would break it! Otherwise Wariner has the best shot. He looked strong in the opening rounds.

Just Be

Bolt isn't running the 400. That would be interesting to watch, though!
        JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

Bolt isn't running the 400. That would be interesting to watch, though!
          It is pretty hard to stop a speeding train. Don’t be so sure that he won’t still be running tomorrow from the 200m event. Just kidding of course.
          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I think Wariner will win. He looked so smooth. However, it will be a real tight race between him and LaShawn Merritt. I don't think the record is gonna fall.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Who do you think will take down Michael Johnson's world record? Merritt? Wariner? Someone else? I have a strong feeling that his last remaining record will fall.
              No WR, but I bet Wariner will win in 43.8

Just Be

Well, the race is in 1 hour. I'm hoping Warner and Merritt will push each other extra hard given the stage and the quest for olympic gold, and that at least 1 of them will break MJ's world record... it's about time for that last one to go down. I think Merritt will take the gold from Wariner.
                mikeymike

I think Merritt edges Wariner too and I don't think they'll run a WR. But I didn't think Bolt would break the 200m WR either.

Runners run

Somebody will win gold. There will be no WR.
                    Favorite quote: Stop your crying you little girl! 2011: Mt Washington, Washington Trails, Peaks Island, Pikes Peak.
                    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Somebody will win gold. There may or may not be a world record.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Somebody will win gold. There may or may not be a world record.
                        Wana bet?
                        Favorite quote: Stop your crying you little girl! 2011: Mt Washington, Washington Trails, Peaks Island, Pikes Peak.

Just Be

8 minutes!

8 minutes!
                            Wow! Thats a lot slower than I thought it was going to be. Guess I was right, no WR.
                            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Here's a another question. USA sweep? I'm guessing no -- Wariner and Merritt (or will it be Merritt and Warriner?) will go 1-2, but I'm not feeling bronze.

Just Be

Doesn't look good for a sweep. The only other USA contender is David Neville and his times are about average compared to the rest of the pack, so it'll probably be luck of the draw with respect to 3rd place. I missed the race!! Stupid real life responsibility! Sad GRRRR!! Angry Now I need to wait for the IAAF to post the results.