Running Songs Database (Read 928 times)

sdewan

2010 Goofy Trainee

A month ago there was a very popular thread asking people to name their top 3 running songs: http://runningahead.com/forums/topic/cec72a2478a54d9a897ec7b829f62fc1. I think it would be cool to have a database on this website where all users get to list their favorite 3 songs, and then the results summarized to rank all songs in the database by popularity. Some thoughts on how to implement this: - allow each registered user to name 3 songs, and only 3 songs at any given time. They could be maintained under the user's profile so they can be updated as tastes change - use some type of AJAX for auto-completing the artist and title text boxes. For example, if the user types "AC" for artist, a drop-down of existing artists would appear so the user could select "AC/DC" instead of entering "AC / DC" and having a duplication due to spelling differences. - if possible, it would be cool to have a link to iTunes for each song, so people can download songs easily Why have this feature? Besides the fact that its interesting to know what other runners are listening to, many people would find it useful to build new playlists when they get tired of listening to the same stuff over and over.

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream...

Outside Lane

Right on. I am tired of my playlist. This could be fun.

See how they run...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If there's an iTunes link I vote that Eric set up an affiliate account with iTunes so that he could receive a commission from each download, too. Smile I love this idea, though. Every few weeks I will download a new track or two, so it could be something like current 3 faves in rotation, or something to that effect. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Just for laughs this is my Ipod list: Billy Joel, An Innocent Man Beatles, Across the Universe Tony DeSare, How I will say I Love You Carly Simon, The Stuff that Dreams are Made Of Dusty Springfield, You don't have to say you love me Frank Sinatra, All or nothing at all Billy Joe Royal, Boardwalk Angel Confederate Railroad, Roll the Dice Ronnie Milsap, Santa Barbara Frank Sinatra, Saturday Night The Happenings, See you in September Ringo Starr, Sentimental Journey Deborah Allen, Rock Me in the Cradle of Love Beatles, Real Love Beatles, That Means a Lot Freedy Johnston, Evie's Tears Ronnie Milsap, These Foolish Things Billy Joel, This Night I don't know what the latest term for L7 is, but I guess that's what I am.
          I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
          HermosaBoy

Here's my race warm-up list: Many Rivers to Cross -- Jimmy Cliff Bad -- U2 Vicarious -- Tool Don't Take Me for Granted -- Social Distortion Perfect People -- Pennywise In My Eyes -- Minor Threat Get's me in the mood to race. Evil grin

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

eric :)

This is a neat idea and is probably not too hard to add, not that I've given it much thought. Since Amazon allows you to purchase songs online, I wonder if they would let me get a cut of the profits if I refer them some business via such a listing.

Lazy idiot

Eric, I know Amazon has an affiliate program that's pretty easy to set up. Maybe iTunes does as well, not sure?

Tick tock