My First Half Marathon (Read 1101 times)

Nvr2Late

Finished my first half marathon in 2:24:53 - more than 10 minutes better than my (secret) goal time. To friends and family, my stated goal was to "just finish." The race was held in Cook Forest State Park in PA and we had ideal conditions on an easy course. It was loads more fun than I ever thought possible. What a rush crossing the finish line!
    BostonRnr

Excellent job. Congratulations!!

Lazy idiot

Nice job! Always feels good to crush your goals.

Tick tock

That's great! Congrats ... when is the next race?

2012= under-goaled

Run the race God set B4U

That's awesome! It's better than my first half last month...WAY TO GO!!!!! I know you will do more Smile
            5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)

Just Happy to Run

Congrats! I know it feels good!
              Jason

2010 Goals
              • M PR (Current: 6:27:00) • HM PR (Current: 2:13:14) • 5k under 25:00 • 10k under 59:00 • Weekly Milage of ~25 miles

Run the race God set B4U

I just saw your other thread, was this Little Rock???? MINE TOO!!!! Shocked

Just Happy to Run

Ya! WOW! Same race for the same FIRST race? crazy! Big grin
                  Jason

2010 Goals
                  • M PR (Current: 6:27:00) • HM PR (Current: 2:13:14) • 5k under 25:00 • 10k under 59:00 • Weekly Milage of ~25 miles

Run the race God set B4U

Look at our pics, no wonder you beat me, you look like you are really hitting it hard there, read your report, awesome job Jason!
                    Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Awesome to beat your super-secret goal. That rocks!

TRUST THE PROCESS

Misinformation Officer

Fantastic! Now you are hooked!

Certifiably Insane

Great job, Nvr2Late! It always feels good to be able to finish that far ahead of your goal. Smile Sounds like that was a great course, too. I love running at State Parks. Are you planning your next race yet?
                          On the road since 1978! "To be good is not enough when you dream of being great." I am not obsessed! I'm just INTENSE! "Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool." Why? Because race results stay on Google forever! (Reasonably recent) PR's: 5K - 16:40 10K - 35:04 HM - 1:18:30
                            That's killer that you finished even faster than your goal time. Congrats Smile

Skooter 3.0

Awesome work! Keep it up....

Goals?