The ever-popular "Reply to all" email function... (Read 1228 times)

A Saucy Wench

Like a fart in the wind. I think I just peed myself. Oh Mike...have a better day. Back at my first post collegiate job, email was kind of a new thing (the grey hairs just stood at attention on that admission). A guy I worked with thought it would be a good idea to sexually harrass (and it takes a LOT for me to call it harrassment) a co worker ...by email. He never stopped to think that it would be forever traceable. (and printable, and file-able)

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

The Greatest of All Time

As a result of making that same mistake once or twice, and also realizing that my emotional e-mails don't come across too well, I've made it a strict policy NOT to write that kind of e-mail. It's made my life much easier! My dad was an expert witness on a case, and the opposing attorney requested that she be given all the correspondence, including e-mails, from my dad to the lawyer he was working with. The request was granted! The lawyer on my dad's side actually suggested that they withhold some of the e-mails, but Dad said no way. E-mail is a dangerous thing!!
      Yes, email is discoverable. Never put anything in writing in any form that has content you don't ever want to see the light of a court room.
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      JakeKnight

Never put anything in writing in any form that has content you don't ever want to see the light of a court room.
        Excellent advice. And awfully ill-timed and ironic, considering where you're offering it and who you're offering it to. I weep for the day one of us has to explain things said in this place (read: El Swampo) to someone out in the real world.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

Think Whirled Peas

Ho boy. What has happened since then?
          Suffice it to say, there was immediate "damage control" being done by the sales guy. He was PISSED, big time. My boss actually went to bat for me and went on the offensive when the inevitable call came from the clients' Ex. Dir. He essentially started launching into the "if my guys are getting this fired up over something like this, then what the hell is going on?" approach. Don't be confused, he read me the riot act, twice, over this but completely understands the situation too. He knows how much of a PITA they've been. And he knows I'm right. The client Ex. Dir. knows I'm right too, and we had a conference call where she said as much. It's just the "how" I said it that's causing all the grief, go figure. I'm officially off the project now, btw; which is really a huge win for me! Everyone has that one client they'd just as soon lose b/c of how much of a PITA they are, and this was my one. Well, I managed to off 'em w/out losing my job! I RULE! Gonna cost me some beer though, as I have a sales guy to cool down and an unknowing yet-to-be-determined project manager to laugh at pity. Honestly, this has been one of the strangest days of my career, and not all of it bad. One thing that did make this slightly less damaging is exactly the fact that it HAS happened before, and to some of those who were recipients of the email I sent. So there were a few "been there, done that" softeners that helped a bit. Oh, and my developer, Gunz, keeps IM'ing me and saying things like "LOL"; "You are my HERO" and "RIGHT ON" every five seconds. He is having a field day w/this. I have reached cult hero status w/the development group. Great, I have a bunch of keyboard jockeys high fiving me all day. I'll not lie, it's been fun (save the part where I was pretty sure I was gonna lose my job. My ass is so tight I prolly won't poop for a week!). I'm just happy I can play the hapless dipshit w/such authority. Ah, who am I kidding? It ain't an act! Q

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Glad to hear it worked out. It's a case of being right not being enough, in a way. More of, customer/client is always right. Now, I'm outta here, like a fart in the wind.
              Glad to hear that your boss backed you up, Q. It probably didn't hurt that your email was hilarious. Smile

Amy

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So. What were the three questions?
                jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

It probably didn't hurt that your email was hilarious. Smile
                  Indeed. Unlike a fart in the wind, your legend will only continue to grow.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Think Whirled Peas

So. What were the three questions?
                    for real?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm just happy I can play the hapless dipshit w/such authority. Ah, who am I kidding? It ain't an act! Q
                      I knew there was a reason I liked you--birds of a feather, and all. Friday's comin'...I'll bet this week already seems way too long where you sit, huh? Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And I find myself singing..."farts in the wind...all we are is farts in the wind..."

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Think Whirled Peas

And I find myself singing..."farts in the wind...all we are is farts in the wind..."
                          Heh. Total honesty requires me to admit that I stole the line from "Shawshank Redemption". The warden scene where he starts to go batty in Andy's cell after Andy "...up and vanished like a fart in the wind." And yeah, I wish the weekend would roll around. SOON. I prolly should sign up for 5/3 this weekend. Might pop a fast time just thinking about how lucky my dumb ass got this week! Smile

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Think Whirled Peas

Yeah, or did I miss em?
                            No, you didn't miss 'em but they're pretty inocuous relative to the discussion at hand. Also, I'm not sure they'd make much sense, but here you go (modified to protect the assholes innocent): 1) RE: “Create new report and query as described in the ‘CXXXXX BXXXXXX Report’ Tab” a. For this item I need to know what do you want me to use as linking fields for the "Percent of Active Counselors Participating in RXXXXXX Training" column. Are we using the SiteID, Region and County of the OXXXXX to which the user is linked? Are we using the SiteID, Region and County of the training? Or are we using the SiteID, Region and County of the cXXXXX form or QC form which they submitted? 2) RE: “Create new query as described in the ‘XXXX CXXX DXXXX Query’” a. Do they really want second contact date information on the query results? This will create duplicate rows of information. One for the first contact, and then a second row for the second contact. 3) RE: issue w/the XXXX Resource Report Form – Section 4; Item e. a. Can we an example of what is incorrect? The logic for the data field matches what is requested on the SOW.

Scout7

As a developer, it's always great when someone actually stands up and says that it's not our fault for once. Fortunately/Unfortunately, I work on projects pretty much alone, or with maybe one other person. So I do a lot of standing.... And I understand the questions. Which is sad.