wooohoo! (Read 837 times)

Prophet!

i haven't ran in two weeks while trying to get ready for my dissertation defense. Well, no more...back to running tomorrow. After a few hours of painful humiliation (took it like a man though)...i passed the defense...just got to do some revisions and then i get that little PhD...after a few beers (well, a lot of beers)..i'm ready to clonk out now and will get up tomorrow for a nice little run. just thought i'd share... aloha, steve
      WooHoo!!! Congrats, Steve !

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

congratulations steve! thats a huge achievement
          That's awesome, Dr. Steve! We were hoping you weren't injured during your absence.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Mishka-old log

Nice job dude! Welcome back to running. I keep thinking about getting a PhD, but the best reason I can come up with is so people will address me as Dr. Phil.

Dog-Love

That is such a great accomplishment Dr. SurfnRun! Those defenses can be grueling. Been there. Dr. Crabby
              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

You'll ruin your knees!

...so the defense rests! Congrats! Woot! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

CONGRATS!!!!! Have a nice run today!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Congratulations Steve!! What an accomplishment! Can I ask what your research was on? Smile
                      Congrats Steve! All that work finally paid off!
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's awesome, Steve! You deserved those few (a lot) of beers! Good luck on the revisions. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Congratulations! The next beer I have will be in your honor! Big grin (Pam, we'll have to make a toast to Steve on Saturday night after our long run!)

Michelle

va

Congrats Dr. Steve!!! What subject did you study?
                              Yeah! Did you get a little emotional high afterwards? I could not imagine doing a PhD in with my major. From what I have seen, I could characterize PhD programs as full time job plus some for minimal pay. You go to the University of Hawaii ? One of my best and most enthusiastic professors used to teach out there. modal (remembers seeing lots of cats at the uni over there)

Vim

Congratulations!!! That's a BIG BIG deal!! Smile
                                2009: BQ?