Vote - would you pre-order a technical shirt from RA? (Read 772 times)

Would pre-order/pre-pay for tank or short sleeve.
    va

Would pre-order/pre-pay for short sleeve.
      muse_runner

keep running.

Nice logo work! I like Logo #1 as well. Has a nice feeling to it. Smile I would go for a long sleeve technical shirt. I simply cannot have enough of these! Smile
        running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
          I like logo #1 also.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Count me in... I would order and pre-pay for short sleeve.
              never...i don't want anybody else to find out about this site... Wink ...
              Funny you say that. I had that thought too. Tongue I was having a selfish moment. Big grin

Michelle

eric :)

Hello everyone! Thank you for the enthusiasm! Before we get ahead of ourselves, let me tell you what my plan is with this. The first step is to understand what YOU think is a fair price for such a shirt. You should come up with this number on your own and not peek at others' answers because I'm looking for a realistic price. Keep in mind that the price will consists of the following:
              • cost of the shirt - hopefully we'll get a volume discount
              • cost of shipping of these shirts from the merchant to me - maybe they can be shipped directly to the printer
              • cost of printing - again, a volume discount may apply
              • cost of shipping the shirt out to you
              • The second step is to locate a store for the technical shirts. I'm looking for a real high quality shirt (not the cotton/polyester blend stuff). Trent: I like to know where you got your shirts from and your opinion on this. The third step is coming up with a design. I'm leaning toward simplicity as I'm not a fan of logos on shirts in general. I would be happy with the current site logo on the upper left quadrant of the shirt. In the case of a long sleeve, the name will also run down the right sleeve. However, you can over rule me on this one because this is a community project. I like to see your designs and we can all vote on it. Once we get past these hurdles, then everything else should be simple. eric Smile
                va

Just messing around: If you have some ideas let me know, I can create it! Smile
                  I like #1 too. I like its simplicity, and that it advertizes the site. I think the simpler the better (like Nike, like Champion, ...), but if we wanted to throw some words in there, there are 3 phrases on the RA home page which have some appeal: "Train. Analyze. Improve.", "Achieving goals through better information", and "What motivates you?" Has anybody mentioned color? The logo design needs to consider the shirt's color, or it may not show up that well. Also, there may need to be different logo color schemes depending on the shirt color (e.g., what will work on on blue shirt may not work on a white shirt). Lastly, I suspect Eric might want to have a say in the logo, since he'll probably want to have it trademarked... Is there a lawyer in the house? Big grin

Imminent Catastrophe

Another thing we need to settle on is what color?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think the simpler the better (like Nike, like Champion, ...), but if we wanted to throw some words in there, there are 3 phrases on the RA home page which have some appeal: "Train. Analyze. Improve.", "Achieving goals through better information", and "What motivates you?" Has anybody mentioned color? The logo design needs to consider the shirt's color, or it may not show up that well. Also, there may need to be different logo color schemes depending on the shirt color (e.g., what will work on on blue shirt may not work on a white shirt).
                      I think the AHEAD needs to be all caps.... I also think the URL should be maybe in Navy, just for visibility if we went with a white shirt. As for slogan, I still vote for "Runners run." I forget who said it, but it keeps me going when weather turns to crap (as it will in the next 24 hours...who ever heard of a half foot of snow in April, fer pete's sake!?). k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I like #1 - my preference would be not to have a white shirt - I find they tend to be too transparent, but I would still purchase if that was the only color choice.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                        Thyroid Support Group

You'll ruin your knees!

Eric should get the final say...I like the logo on the site on the front top left quadrant, "Train. Analyze. Improve" on the back with www.runningahead.com underneath. You could put the logo running down the sleeve in the case of a long sleeved shirt. I would prepay for short or long sleeved, no interest in tank. Tech fabrics only. IF WE ONLY KNEW SOMEONE who might be placing an order for race shirts that match our criteria (tech fabric short/long sleeved), perhaps they could add on to their base shirt order to get a quantity price break for both purposes and print their race stuff on their shirts and send the extra to Eric! BRILLIANT, I tell you, BRILLIANT (as heard on Guiness commercials)... Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

who ever heard of a half foot of snow in April, fer pete's sake!?).
                            Boy, you and that hubby of yours are both like wwaaaahhhh! Cry Serves you right for living in the Big Mitten. I haven't seen that much whining since the last time I went to Napa Valley. (Ba-dum-bum. Thank you, thank you -- I'll be here all week) Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Wasatch Speedgoat

Yes, prepay, long and short sleeve. I also think it might be good to add a little money to help support the cost of running the website. Maybe later on talk about windproof jackets Smile Steve

Life is short, play hard!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I haven't seen isat much whining since the last time I went to Napa Valley. (Ba-dum-bum. Thank you, thank you -- I'll be here all week) Tongue
                                Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay