How much does it cost you to run? (Read 1418 times)

Shoes - $100 (Plan on buying a less controlling pair soon) Race Fees - $200 (so far) Garmin Forerunner 305 - $185 NB running Shorts - $25 Reflective Anklets - $7 Nike Strobing light - $19 Ben Gay knock off - $7 Asics Running Socks 2 pair - $15 Gold Toe Socks (usually use these) - $50 ~$600

Vim

With race fees, travel, shoes, lodging, etc, so far in 2007 I have spent about $2500 (ok, traveling to and staying in Boston was a large part of that). Keeping my sanity: priceless A good question is what would it cost me not to run? (As for race fees--I used to golf quite a bit. Here in Nevada, average green fees are $75-$95 per round. Compared to that, race fees aren't that bad'. Plus--my cost per minute in a marathon is less than that for those that are faster. For example--I generally average 3:45 when I run Boston. With a $95 entry fee, that comes to $.42/mile. For those that ran an hour faster, it came to $.58/mile. I ask you--who got the better value? Big grin)
      My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48

Dog-Love

A good question is what would it cost me not to run?
        That is the big question!!!! What is my marriage worth? Would I even be able to hold down a job? How about child psychological abuse? Who can put a price on those things? Then there is the lack of incentive to eat well and well there is no doubt I would turn to eating twinkies...and well we from San Francisco know what that costs... Think I will put on my $100 shoes and go for a run.
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          Compared to that, race fees aren't that bad'. Plus--my cost per minute in a marathon is less than that for those that are faster. For example--I generally average 3:45 when I run Boston. With a $95 entry fee, that comes to $.42/mile. For those that ran an hour faster, it came to $.58/mile. I ask you--who got the better value? Big grin)
          I used to use this logic for golf. I figured the more strokes I took, the cheaper my cost per stroke would be.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I started running with the help of a friend about 17 months ago and here's what I can think of: Shoes: $90 Items gotten from Athleta.com: ~$650 (sports bras, tech-shirts, running skirts, pants, tights, etc.) Socks: $40 Race Entry:~$130 apparel from ebay and other websites: ~$70 Total: $980 Not too bad I guess. I"m contemplating the USHalf in SFO this fall though and it could get steep there with the travel. Cameo