Avg HR after 305 import discrepancy (Read 683 times)

Enda

Eric, Firstly many thanks for all the hard work & effort you put in on our behalf. It's much appreciated. A quick query in relation to the new 305 import. After I've imported the data the average hr for the run doesn't match that from the watch or garmin training center. The hr per mile split & max seems to be ok but the average seems to be off by a few beats. Just wondering whether this is a bug or whether it's just me that's out of step and I'm doing something wrong ? Thanks in advance, Enda
    wyerock

Same here. I'm guessing eric is calculating the average slightly differently than the Garmin.

Lazy idiot

Same here. I'm guessing eric is calculating the average slightly differently than the Garmin.
        Yes. I believe it's delayed a bit.

Tick tock

eric :)

Could you provide me with the heart rates you have from MotionBased and the corresponding workouts from RA? I need to see the workouts to see what can be done about it. The numbers you see on RA are obtained directly from the GPS. There could be a different way of presenting it but I'm just curious what MotionBased is reporting.
          galberras

fear the Col Sanders

My run from today: http://www.runningahead.com/logs/af2da0916e3144d9a27aa0eca82b7ea0/workouts/19e63114b3484fed86e34298263a132e Originally imported as an average HR of 138. Motionbased has it at 141. It has been far too long of a day for me to sit down and crunch through the actual math Big grin

Just because I look dumb doesn't mean I'm not...

My run from today: http://www.runningahead.com/logs/af2da0916e3144d9a27aa0eca82b7ea0/workouts/19e63114b3484fed86e34298263a132e Originally imported as an average HR of 138. Motionbased has it at 141. It has been far too long of a day for me to sit down and crunch through the actual math Big grin
              Interesting. The avg HR reported by Garmin is off! I'll have it fixed
              wyerock

Could you provide me with the heart rates you have from MotionBased and the corresponding workouts from RA? I need to see the workouts to see what can be done about it.
                I added the HR from the screen on the Garmin to the comments on my last two runs (2/25 and 2/23). The first was 1 BPM slower, the second was 2 BPM slower (run was twice as long). I don't use MotionBased. Edit: Wow, I replied too slowly--you beat me to it.

...listen to the thunder

Maybe you already fixed it. My HR average and max were identical on RA and the Garmin Training Center. Smile Very nice feature, thanks for all the hard work.

Run, Eat, Repeat.

Maybe you already fixed it. My HR average and max were identical on RA and the Garmin Training Center. Smile Very nice feature, thanks for all the hard work.
                    Yup, this is fix, or should I say, the avg hr is adjusted.
                    Enda

Thanks Eric. Keep up the good work. Much appreciated.