How Do You Find Your Races? (Read 947 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Maybe this is a silly question, but I'm going to put it out there anyway. How do you find your races? I know some are listed on the Running Room's website, but where else do you look for them. I was in a store about a week ago and they had an outdated sign for a race I'd never heard of. It's not like I'm in a big city but I suspect there are more than 4 races in my city in a year (which is about all the RR has on their site). Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Hey Meg.... I found most of my races through word of mouth or from friends who run. Other than the RunningRoom web site have a look at www.canadarunningseries.com I'd also suggest finding an independent running store in Regina and ask them, I'm sure they would have great insight into some local races. Also, once you find a race there are usually lots of flyers for other races in your race kit or at the Race expo. Jason MTA: This might be promising: www.reginamultisport.com They list a race on May 25th. The I Love Regina Run will be held on Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 9 a.m. at City Hall.

How do you find your races?
        I wrote an article a week or two ago about how I find inaugural races, but the list is just as valid for finding any race (and in fact much more effective for finding established races.) You can read it here: http://news.runtowin.com/2008/04/28/finding-inaugural-races.html

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

mikeymike

Word of mouth, New England Runner and Coolrunning.

Runners run

Half Fanatic #846

Have you tried Regina Road Runners and Regina Multisport Club? I get most of my race info from my local running club's website... Smile

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

JakeKnight

I usually wait for Trent to call and say: "Hey. Wanna do something stupid?"

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Thanks! You are all so helpful. Big grin *off to play in the links*

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

All of the above are good suggestions. Once you've done a few races, they start to find you as well... flyers will show up in your main with increasing frequency!

-------------------------------------
                    5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
                    10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
                    1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
                    Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

Imminent Catastrophe

active.com

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

kcam

Not that I run a lot of races but for finding the ones that I am interested in, and then backing out of them Big grin , this site is decent. http://www.theschedule.com/
                        HOSS1961

rrrc.org runnersworld.com active
                          HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured
                          Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

local running clubs word of mouth RW Race Calendar Ohio Sprts and Fitness On a side note, you can go to a basketball court and generally get a pickup game going. If you're on a trail or in an area where a lot of people run, I think you should be able to get a pickup race going. Just start asking people if they want to race and see what happens.